gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just had a bollockin
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Just had a bollockin  (Read 1111 times)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Just had a bollockin
« on: August 17, 2011, 01:08 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  ive just had a tickin off by the missus for being on Rad all the time when im home from work ,buying parts of kids  bikes and filling rooms with shat ,she said the house is falling apart and all im interested in is bmx ,apparently i do fook all  ;D she has a point tho anyway ive put everything int loft and told her ive re'enforced the roof with chrome so where ok for a while  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:  i sense a treat is in order for my wifey AGAIN  god this hobby would be half the price without erm erm dare i say it WOMEN  ;D  :2funny:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:11 AM by rick1970 »

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Just had a bollockin
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 01:12 AM »
spot on there rick , other people just don't get it , i've got my sh1t all over the place i get some peace for a few days then it starts again , "you're gonna have to move these out of here\" and that sort of stuff   :LolLolLolLol:, i just let it wash over me and keep typing on here saying yes to more stuff to ram round the house, darren kap came around other week and i had 2 bikes in the kitchen and 1 in front room so we are all as bad and generally we are all getting bollocked about it so "you are not alone"  :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol: :)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:26 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: I feel better already glen thanks for that  :LolLolLolLol: apparently all of rads members wife's are treated like queens except mine according to wifey ,oh wheres the logic think i'll start going pub every nite and waste me money there  :crazy2:  :LolLolLolLol: 

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 07:57 AM »
:LolLolLolLol:  ive just had a tickin off by the missus for being on Rad all the time when im home from work ,buying parts of kids  bikes and filling rooms with shat ,she said the house is falling apart and all im interested in is bmx ,apparently i do fook all  ;D she has a point tho anyway ive put everything int loft and told her ive re'enforced the roof with chrome so where ok for a while  ::)  :LolLolLolLol:  i sense a treat is in order for my wifey AGAIN  god this hobby would be half the price without erm erm dare i say it WOMEN  ;D  :2funny:

Quality Rick lol

mattuknc

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:02 AM »
 ;D
Last night must have been the time for it!
While 'browsing' this site and others for parts I sensed someone over my shoulder...
"haven't you got enough bikes already?", she said.
"4" I said, "I've only got 4."
To which she replied, "What about the pink one you've got coming?"
"OK then, 5" I said, "I've only got 5".
:2funny:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:38 AM »
See you are all going about it the wrong way, I got Jo interested in BMX, built her a bike, took her to MK a few times and she has also been on the London rides. 

Now she doesn't mind if I have BMX's laying around the house, doesn't mind me buying frames and parts and also let me take one of my bikes to our wedding.

antiquebmx

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 09:42 AM »
See you are all going about it the wrong way, I got Jo interested in BMX, built her a bike, took her to MK a few times and she has also been on the London rides. 

Now she doesn't mind if I have BMX's laying around the house, doesn't mind me buying frames and parts and also let me take one of my bikes to our wedding.

I saw that pic of the bike at your wedding, you must have some balls mate  :LolLolLolLol

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53 AM »

I saw that pic of the bike at your wedding, you must have some balls mate  :LolLolLolLol

I must admit I didn't think she would go for it, but in the end she didn't raise any objections at all and was quite proud of it.  Plus all of my family know that I have always been into BMX so it was no shock to anyone really.

Nana

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 09:57 AM »
I sensed someone over my shoulder...

Christ mines is always there like a hovering vulture  :-\

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Mine too - was just about to log on last night and she started huffing at me...... whilst being sat on her lap-top for the previous hour on facebook-dot-whatever. She shut hers as soon as I even threatened to type www.rad........ :crazy2:
Still limping......

mattuknc

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 10:26 AM »
I'm just glad it hasn't been blocked at work (yet) as many are.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 10:41 AM »
My wife says she can't moan about me being on Facebook because I'm always on RAD.

She's taken a real interest in the OSBMX though and was even searching through Shiners grips box at MK11 for me. She's also told me what bike she would like, although I haven't told her that mine come first.

Still get a regular reminder that there are a list of jobs that need doing though.

Julian

deeman

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:49 AM »
wives and girlfriends should be happy that we have a hobby indulge or small geeky minds with radbmx and not concentrate our efforts trying to find exta-marital sex on facebook or worry about who jordan is fooking now like they all do!!!!

megsy

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 10:54 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: I got a phone call whilst still at work the other night, from my wife wanting to know why there was a set of handle bars on the bed and a frame in the bedroom . There is also a bike in the kitchen,front room and three in the kids room . I just laugh and let it go straight out the other ear . :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Fooking great - i just open this thread as the wife was sitting next to me on here day off - had to get out of this thread quickly before she reads it and gives me a bollocking for doing the same  ;D - now she is upstairs so i can read and reply

they watch TV and there programes so why can't i play while having to put up with the shite they watch  ;D

:shocked: oh ! got to go she's coming back - will come back when it's all clear  :shocked:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 12:18 PM »
Love it!!! Iv just agreed to my missus buying another dog, gotta keep her sweet especially as I've recently spent a total of 200 quid  ???  building a GT Pro!!!  :2funny:

griff

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 12:51 PM »

I've unsuccessfully tried getting mrs griff interested in BMX, but when you told me at MK that you had a BMX wedding...! that's probably about as far as anyone could go I reckon  ;D
She has warmed slightly to it though, now being prepared to ride her mountain bike in public next to a middle-aged man on a kid's bike is certainly progress!
I think probably a lot of people on here are by definition a bit obsessive, all about finding the balance vs other stuff (which I've yet to work out)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 12:55 PM »

I've unsuccessfully tried getting mrs griff interested in BMX, but when you told me at MK that you had a BMX wedding...! that's probably about as far as anyone could go I reckon  ;D
She has warmed slightly to it though, now being prepared to ride her mountain bike in public next to a middle-aged man on a kid's bike is certainly progress!
I think probably a lot of people on here are by definition a bit obsessive, all about finding the balance vs other stuff (which I've yet to work out)

Just for anyone that missed it this is the famous BMX wedding picture...

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 01:03 PM »

Well said Sean !

As you know, Amy is very understanding about my BMX's - If she doesn't like it, she's welcome to go back and live with her mother  :smitten:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08 PM »

Well said Sean !

As you know, Amy is very understanding about my BMX's - If she doesn't like it, she's welcome to go back and live with her mother  :smitten:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Nice comment Nick, I just hope Amy doesn't read it as you will be the one moving out.  ;D

griff

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 03:43 PM »

Just for anyone that missed it this is the famous BMX wedding picture...

;D at least you didn't put the bike in between you and mrs stidds!

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59 PM »
i used to be constantly nagged about having bikes in the house, I must have had 6 in the shed, 7 or so in the loft, my faves were in either the utility room or our kids bedroom, not to mention my Floval and Nomura sat in OUR bedroom...., fook knows how i got away with that  :D

what she never knew was the 8 bikes at my mum's house, and the others delivered to work etc.... little white lies eh.

nearly all gone now, ..........horrid little bikes  :LolLolLolLol:
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 05:28 PM »
I posted this in another thread, think its quite apt here too

Just explain to her the benefits of BMX

1. Your sat in a shed playing with oily bits and not in the pub
2. You're lusting after exotic and rare framesets and not other women
3. After getting a build done and you start riding again, you'll be too fooked to nag her for sex as you'll ache all over!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Just had a bollockin

gfxgfx
gfx gfx