gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 02:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 08:44 AM »
For me it's half the thrill of the chase for bits, half meeting up for banter and craic with like-minded fools and the other half riding... ;-)

Did a couple of show ponies and sold them almost straight after I'd finished them as they do nothing for me hanging on the wall. Even a roll around town like Radchester is great to dust off those silly NOS parts, but a thrash on a set of ramps scaring myself a little is my passion.

Seeing as my kids are only young (under 3 and under 1) I can see me keeping most of my BMX's for at least another 10 years at least and by then my kids will be too embarrased of me I'd say!
Still limping......

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 09:01 AM »
I am in for the long hall...  I want to do another bike but I am awaiting the out =come of reduncies in the Armed Forces first.  I am fairly certain I am for the chop in a few weeks so I will have to watch the funds until I have a new Job.  I love getting out there and riding the and the buzz of getting the correct parts is awesome. 

BMX Forever :smitten: :smitten: 

mattuknc

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03 AM »
I can't really see myself stopping anytime soon, I love the build process, I'm not one for looking for the correct '85 cable but as long as it looks good and functions well, that's good enough for me.  ;D
As Spen mentioned my daughter is 3 1/2 and blasts around on a Specialized balance bike at the moment, as soon as she's big enough she'll be on a bmx (whether she likes it or not!  ;D)
So much more fun than a mountain bike!  :daumenhoch:

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 11:04 AM »
i fookin hope i will  :-\

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 11:10 AM »
i cant wait to be rid of this disease it has caused me to loose many a leg over, (ive actually blown blokes off whilst on the net searching for parts) Clubbing with mates cos im waiting for pedals to pop up on a fri/sat night and holidays were i have over spent  :'( :'( :'( i have about 15 left which 3 need to be finish not that there any good but its time to give up and just ride...........  FREESTYLE & GT will always be in my BLOOD.............................................. :4_17_5:

???

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2011, 11:12 AM »
i fookin hope i will  :-\

ha ha thought you were cured last year terry. came back with a vengeance didnt you mate  :2funny:

Nana

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 10:42 AM »
This is my third ditch and come back............im more into riding new school now though...........its like some say you fancy building something really tasty something you never could have afforded as a kid or always hankered after and once you have it all built up they feeling wains so i stopped building old school and just wanna ride for as long as i can.

Turning 40 in a week and was feeling shit about it and getting on my bike again but now i see guys older than me still riding so feel much better about it........The thing is with England is that most folk dont look twice at a guy 50 riding a bmx but in scotland well they are a little more opinionated...the fookers :-\

Anywas bought a nice ride off Greg and started some jumps etc and now my stomach muscles are all fooked i lay down to fix the missus car the other day and was like a turtle on its back could not get up lmao

Im gonna keep riding bmx till i drop.......i seen an old geezer on this morning inline skating and grinding rails think he was in his 80s  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx