gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 10:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??  (Read 1013 times)

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??
« on: August 14, 2011, 06:45 PM »
As it says above...do you think you will ever give this up??
i did about 4yrs ago, i sold my mint haro masters..and all my parts etc :( how i wish i just stored them somewhere.. :idiot2:... have now been back on here about a month and remember quite a few of you from before....in the month that ive been back ive bought a new haro 2009 retro freestyler from theguvnor and an 2006 haro sport from gashead which will arrive tuesday, the 09 will stay much the same but got a few things planned for the sport...had to go down the retro route as the prices of old school now is pretty much out of my reach...i know a few of you dont like the 09 freestyler and i dont blame you i suppose but for now it will be enough for what i want it for........anyway enough of all that...as i said in the title......

will you ever give this up? and for what reason?
cheers for your time...Paul

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 06:49 PM »
in a way i hope to stop building,this patty is my last ;D
but regards enjoying the hobby i guess at some point my enthusiasm may wain a little,ive got 8 bikes at the mo and 4 are keepers for life,even if they have to go in storage  somewhere,the other 4 are goers,thats if i lose the passion or want to release some equity :2funny:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Keep thinking I am done  :LolLolLolLol: But keep chasing elusive bits  ::) Have a few holy grails left :2funny:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 07:19 PM »
I've had a bit of a mad rush since i started collecting about 2 - 3 years ago and have got most of what i want but i have a few left to do. I am looking forward to building the last one so i can spend some money and time on something else. I'm sure that i will see a rare part and build a another bike around that though but it's nice to not have about 8 framesets to build simaltaneously. :daumenhoch:

Adam
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 07:25 PM »
if we still messing about with these bikes at the age we are now i dont think it will ever leave us  :)
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I think once it's in ya blood you're fooked!  :LolLolLolLol:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

Wise words  :daumenhoch:

I've had a wobble this year  :'( but MK fired my love back up  :daumenhoch: for me its the people I've met on here as much as the bikes I love  :4_17_5:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

M5AT

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 08:26 PM »
I jump from hobby/obsession to hobby/obsession.

Not really done owt much OS BMX-y for a bit, back into fettlin me classic motors, but when I get bored of that I'll be swapping bits on me bikes that dont really need swapping.

We're probably all compulsive/obsessive collector types, I know I am.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:30 PM »
I fell out with it a bit, sold a couple of bits etc, and left them getting dusty in the cellar/ at my bro's shop.

Getting the horn again, and am going to throw something together sometime soon...gonna tweak my Robinson pro as well.

Might redo my custom laserlite into something a bit kore factory...

Old school bmx's built well are pieces of art, and I reckon I'll always have a couple, at least.

In2 bmx

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 08:43 PM »
Robinson pro JT  ::).  I've give up and can't see me doing any more , never ever ever again .

But if you wanna sell the robbo pro let me know  :LolLolLolLol:

That's what it's like .... I just can't fooking stop .

Woz

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 08:51 PM »
For me it's about the riding not the collecting. I can appreciate and love a beautiful restored bike but you just can't beat getting your leg over!  ;D As long as I can still ride and enjoy that feeling of getting a jump just right on the track or not breaking my neck on a quarter pipe then I'm in for the long haul. Mind you at nearly 46 the long haul might only be a couple more years  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38 PM »

cant see it going away, slows down every now and then but comes back with a bang, always trying to find better condition f&f of the ones i have

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 09:51 PM »
not as a collector but as a restorer for you guys but a couple of years ago i nearly called it

a day, staying on at work from 4.30 till 7, 5days a week and working saturdays was taking it's toll,

but the buzz of restoring and old looking frame back how it looked in the 80s if not better ;) is just

a sweet feeling, every time i open the oven and take a good look at my paint job the feeling is something

only i know, i nearly called it a day this year but like i said to shorcher mick who collected his frame from my

house today, the buzz is in the restore not the quality of the frame whether it's a rayliegh burner or a top

flight hutch :daumenhoch:

For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58 PM »

still aint opened it dan  :-\

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2011, 09:58 PM »

always trying to find better condition f&f of the ones i have

shouldnt be too hard...

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2011, 09:59 PM »

still aint opened it dan  :-\

now why don't that surprise me you twat,   >:(

Offline ORANGEZIPPY

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 10:16 PM »
probably never give it up, as my children get older, like having a few bikes to mess about on with them,

dont like the cost of some bits, but compared to a decent new mountain bike, they still seem good value.

plan to always have a few kicking around, although do get bored with stuff and switch bits around alot.

:daumenhoch:

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 01:11 PM »
I only found this site about a year ago and i'm totally addicted. 40 something and reliving my youth, love it. I think if I can build a GT mini to go with the standard and pro, I'll be done.......... maybe.  ???   Still not met any of you yet, but you all seem slightly mad and twisted so just this forum alone keeps me amused!!  :crazy2:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 02:13 PM »
Having too much stuff ruined it a bit. I had loads of stuff I didn't want and hardly any of what I did. Hopefully once I've cleared out I can get some bits I want. Bmx love comes and goes, but it's always there a little bit.
ding dong

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 02:44 PM »
I imagine it will come and go. I raced in my teens for 4 or 5 years and packed up. Raced in my 20's for 4 of 5 years and packed up. In between I still followed the nationals etc. Found RAD a year and a half ago and can't see me stopping for while. If I get disillusioned with OSBMX I'll probably end up racing again, then end up back on here again!

All I know is that BMX will always be somewhere in my life.

It's in my blood!

Julian

Offline Retrodan72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 03:07 PM »
I think once it's in ya blood you're fooked!  :LolLolLolLol:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

This is more accurate than you think Bru, it is a proper addiction.

I started building bikes in 2008, some were easy and parts sourced without a problem, some were headaches and took direction changes costing more and making me think that I can't be arsed with it all,

This year though, I went on my 1st roll around,met some top blokes and saw all the bikes I ever wanted as a kid. Going to the cruises has added an extra element to the hobby for me and has fuelled my interest massively, I've bought 3 bikes since the BermChester thrash in March.

I reckon as long as you guys still do this, then I will too. :daumenhoch:

GO FORWARD TO THE PAST, WITH NRP'S

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2011, 03:49 PM »
I cannot ever see me giving up BMX, been collecting now for about 8 years and next season going to start racing again, so looks as though I am stuck with it.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 07:06 PM »
sold all mine over a few years even swapped some for nowt sold all me new skool bikes aswell
kept one bike but thats just sits in the garage dying clothes thats going soon aswell as all me rc stuff i dont use
since getting a mortgage i lost interest in it all

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Once my survivor green 85 which most of you see at MK is factory spec (crank and seat post to change over) and I build up my white 85 as factory too, i'm done with builds and really that's it. Plan is to have 3 complete Masters and i'm sure with help from Dom and Jay I will have 3 bikes decent enough to show alongside their stuff to cover 1985 era, that's the plan anyway and i'm sure with their help I can achieve that. I'm in the process of sorting out my early 90's Sport rider but its really reassuring to know that the end is in sight. I'll never lose interest in BMX though as its a big part of my life and I hope it always stays that way.

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2011, 09:35 PM »
not as a collector but as a restorer for you guys but a couple of years ago i nearly called it

a day, staying on at work from 4.30 till 7, 5days a week and working saturdays was taking it's toll,

but the buzz of restoring and old looking frame back how it looked in the 80s if not better ;) is just

a sweet feeling, every time i open the oven and take a good look at my paint job the feeling is something

only i know, i nearly called it a day this year but like i said to shorcher mick who collected his frame from my

house today, the buzz is in the restore not the quality of the frame whether it's a rayliegh burner or a top

dan mate you can never give up doing our bikes-your work is second to none and trust me i've tried a few local to me-your the best mate  :4_17_5:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 10:07 PM »

dan mate you can never give up doing our bikes-your work is second to none and trust me i've tried a few local to me-your the best mate  :4_17_5:

means a lot :) 

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:14 PM by SuperBikeDan »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  scarey thought but....will you ever give this up??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx