gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:42 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  oven pride pedal cage question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: oven pride pedal cage question  (Read 1075 times)

Offline lammychop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
oven pride pedal cage question
« on: August 13, 2011, 10:42 AM »
bought some sr caged pedals which are gold and i want to take the anno off the cages are riveted to the spindals so they cant be removed will the oven pride effect the chrome on the rest of the pedals and if not how lond should i put the pedals in for

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: oven pride pedal cage question
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 10:50 AM »
Dont do wot I did with my Suntour cages, left em too long and it wrecked them!!!  I'm sure someone will be on here soon with the link to help you but ya might be best off trying the rubber glove method!! Gloves on, oven pride on ya finger tips and gently rub back and forth.  :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23 AM »
the oven pride should be fine on the chrome,best thing to do is keep a bucket of cold water handy,that way you can clean the pedal off at intervals so that you can check the chrome and how the anno is doing.the time scale can vary for removing the anno,i did a tuf neck stem the other day and it was literally seconds wheras last night i did a chian ring and it took about 10 mins.make sure you finish off rinsing in cold water,any black 'burn' marks will scrub off if caught quick enough otherwise the wet and dry will tackle it  :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Moza

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 01:22 PM »
the oven pride should be fine on the chrome,best thing to do is keep a bucket of cold water handy,that way you can clean the pedal off at intervals so that you can check the chrome and how the anno is doing.the time scale can vary for removing the anno,i did a tuf neck stem the other day and it was literally seconds wheras last night i did a chian ring and it took about 10 mins.make sure you finish off rinsing in cold water,any black 'burn' marks will scrub off if caught quick enough otherwise the wet and dry will tackle it  :daumenhoch:

Like this man says :daumenhoch: I just kept an eye on something I stripped and had no problems at all.

Offline lammychop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 02:17 PM »
cheers all came off a treat

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 02:47 PM »
see,easy peasy,now for the polishing :daumenhoch:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 02:53 PM »
see,easy peasy,now for the ball ache of polishing :daumenhoch:
Ride it like its stolen

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 03:52 PM »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 06:32 PM »
how long did you leave the oven pride on before you were able to take anno off ::)
cheers all came off a treat

Offline lammychop

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54 AM »
i put it on with a old paint brush worked it in left it about 3 mins then rinced off done that about 3 times and it was all gone like others have said the chrome does start to go black but it polishes back up ok

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  oven pride pedal cage question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx