gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 09:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  need to store my mid school bikes afer feb 2012
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: need to store my mid school bikes afer feb 2012  (Read 935 times)

mattuk

need to store my mid school bikes afer feb 2012
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:51 AM »
ive got the same threa up in the "wanted" section but thought i'd put it here too to

got a bit of a problem coming up and thats that im moving back to my parents in feb 2012 and leaving my house, i currently have a garage joined onto the house where i keep my bikes ive been building up over last year or so.  anyway my mums is only small and ive only got the one bedroom there to myself in which to keep everything so obviously no room for the bikes.

already asked around alot of mates and no one has the room to store them for me for aprox a year while im at my mums and saving up to put a deposit on house with the girlfriend, we cant save up where we are cause its a fourtune in rent and we are treading water

my options are....

1. store them
2. sell them and keep my favourite

is there anyone here local to derbyshire that maybe has a collection themselves and has a spare bit of room, obviously i'd give you say £100 for the year or something to keep them safe for me. im not renting a garage somewhere just to keep bmx's in lol    there only worth a few hundred each if that

i thought i'd ask anyway with plenty of notice incase anyone has an idea or could offer so storage help

i really dont want to sell cause they have taken me so long to build and source parts

the bikes are

standard shorty  black
standard lengthy baby blue
standard sta   black
standard 125 motocross red
hoffman condor chrome
s&m sabbath black

all very clean and never ridden any of them so no mess will be caused by them

thanks guys   and if anyone has any suggestions im all ears 

now just gotta sort out the 5ft fish tank   :O     lol

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: need to store my mid school bikes afer feb 2012
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24 AM »
Ask the local council, I rent a garage off mine for £40 a month  :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 12:20 PM »

Hi  i think i can help but no really local , but the offer is there  :daumenhoch:

Darren
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

mattuk

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:10 PM »
£40 a month though over a year is getting on for nearly £500 :(

how far away are you darren, i dont mind travelling and your welcome to use a couple of the not so good condition ones aslong as you aint trying backflip on them of grinding railings  :P

i'll consider even travelling 100 miles at minute if i know they are somewhere safe and dry. 

its one of them things where an enthuasist would just like the idea of having them anyway, but im willing to chuck them a hundred quid "thank you" aswell as its only fair

ive had a couple of offers from people who could store a couple for me but it means taking wheels/pegs off etc and i'd like to just keep them as whole as they are finished and all set up nicely

so ideally looking for someone who maybe has a large space with half a dozen or so bikes already and they are not gonna get in your way

thanks lads

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:47 PM »
pull wheels, seatpost n bars off n squeeze them in the loft, throw a few loose boards over the rafters if it aint got any down  :daumenhoch:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 03:53 PM »

I've got a few more than 1 or 2 in my collection  :LolLolLolLol: , no worries about me riding them mate i've got plenty to choose from .  :LolLolLolLol: i'm up the M1 from you in West Yorkshire  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

mattuk

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:47 PM »
nice one mate i'll take you up on that offer then if thats ok with you, it'll be jan/feb time as i have to move out fully by 10th feb
i've pm'd you back by the way  :D

as regards the loft idea, the loft at my mums is being boarded out and everything from spare room going up there plus some of my stuff to make the spare room empty as living space for me and the gf till we save up for a house

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  need to store my mid school bikes afer feb 2012

gfxgfx
gfx gfx