gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 03:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Alan's on the bus - it's just not going our way !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Alan's on the bus - it's just not going our way !  (Read 2362 times)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Alan's on the bus - it's just not going our way !
« on: July 31, 2011, 01:16 PM »
For F**k sake - now Alans is on the bus

will bmx parts soon be for the millionaires club only  ::)

it's shite like this that make bmx depressing  :-\

bring bmx back to the real scene  8)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dia-Compe-MX1000-Brake-Blue-Rear-83-Oldschool-BMX-NOS-/220822379300?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item336a0a1b24

it's just a f**king brake caliper not jewelry ::) :tickedoff: :uglystupid2:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Alan's on the bus - it's just not going our way !
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 01:17 PM »
i saw that and was gonna post the same comment.he was the one guy you could trust,now hes the new B :tickedoff:
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

In2 bmx

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 01:24 PM »
i saw that and was gonna post the same comment.he was the one guy you could trust,now hes the new B :tickedoff:
can't be as bad as B . Alan won't be sniffing round MK Pissing people off  :LolLolLolLol:

waza04

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 03:39 PM »
you can't trust any1 when there is money to be made......  :2funny:

i wonder what all these old school shops are actually paying for this stuff from shiners....

there always gonna be out to make money, no matter what.  :crazy2:

shame really, as what used to be an affordable hobby, is now a joke!  :daumenhoch:

Offline dubber

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 03:43 PM »
Haven't been on here for a while, and ive seen the name shiners on this post and the biaggio at mk post (i know who he is.. :knuppel2:)
but it may be daft but who/what is shiners? :idiot2:

waza04

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Haven't been on here for a while, and ive seen the name shiners on this post and the biaggio at mk post (i know who he is.. :knuppel2:)

im no expert, but from what i can gather, shiners is a company that still holds alot of old stock, and sell it to people like biagio, skatepool, alans for peanuts..

they then sell it on for 10,000 % profit.  :-\

don't worry thought coz we'll get to buy all the crap pitted  elina ul seats and bits from mk.  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:57 PM by waza04 »

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 03:50 PM »

Long running UK distribution company who still hold a load of o/s stock

as Waza said  :P

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 04:04 PM »
if peeps didn't pay the prices in the first place then the prices wouldn't keep going up-just think that when people pay high prices for all this old school stuff surely eventually it will be worthless, a lot of money lost in my opinion now is the time to sell not buy

jeff spicoli

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 04:16 PM »
When times were tough for BMX after the 80's boom Alan stuck with it and struggled for years while most of us bailed out. Good on him I say.

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2011, 04:17 PM »
 ::)

It was Alans bus to start with. He was selling old school gear and holding oldschool meetings way before any one else.

This was the scene in 2001...

http://www.30cms.net/Pages/xmasclassic/bikes.htm

He was selling mx1000 for about £20 back then.

A few more pics from Kevs site.

http://www.kdw712.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/alans2004.html

He was a top bloke and did a lot for OSBMX back then.
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

retrorider.u.k

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Alan's margin was +100% in 2001/2 and good luck to em all.They run companies which have to make a profit to survive.Can't see what all the fuss is about to be honest...

waza04

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2011, 04:23 PM »
dinner time me thinks..................  :shocked:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2011, 04:35 PM »
trouble is as well is now they have to include vat,higher business rates etc etc i suppose we are in rip off britain after all  :LolLolLolLol:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2011, 05:20 PM »
Alan may have been in it for years but why does every one keep having to put therre prices up to a stupid high mark  ::) - Surrey skatebaords sold loads to shinner and the other way around back in the day - now i understand that shiners has a lot of old gear, as i think Surrey skates sold them huge job lots left over from there warehouse when Surrey's  was coming to a end - but it the surply and demand that is getting stupid - we all hold onto parts cos we think they are worth shid loads, when in fact it is people like B and Alans who hold and command the prices

yes give certain peeps respect but soon only the rich boys will be the only one's to be able to build bikes  ::)

it's a shame to see bmx get the life sucked out of it, just for the greed and not the love of it  :'(
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

slurp

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2011, 05:32 PM »

It was Alans bus to start with. He was selling old school gear and holding oldschool meetings way before any one else.

In the 2nd link, 1st photo who do the 3 Hutchs belong to in front of the camper van. I remember having a chat to him at the 25th BMX anniversary at Bournemouth back in 2005. Top bloke with some great bikes with loads of history to them.

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 05:34 PM »

Cool links Bren...  :daumenhoch:
2 minutes turkish...

b45t4rd

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Don't know if it is still the case, but Alans OLD stuff was from his stash from the 80's, he like Shiners, held onto it when nobody was in the slightest bit interested in old bmx bits.

jeff spicoli

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 05:37 PM »
What value do you put on a mid life crisis ?.  Supply and demand is the same in all businesses why would BMX be any different. The brake only cost as much as a tank of petrol pretty much the same as it did in 83.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 05:41 PM »
if you don't pay the prices they'll come down at some point.
its only us old fools that are into these bikes and its boom time for the suppliers that took a chance on this stuff ever coming back.
if you don't rush and have to build a bike every week with all nos you'll end up dropping on bits for sensible money  :daumenhoch:.

dave the bmxing gypo

dan-dare

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 05:44 PM »
Shakey's TA...... :wtf:

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2011, 05:49 PM »
b and alans don't command the prices,i have said this a thousand times we are all to blame for buying and bidding on ebay cos you think "if i don't get that part i may never see it again" you will always find what you are looking for just be patient-i remember first time meeting biagio back in 2003 and when he offered me a nos mx1000 brake set for £40 i was like  :wtf: but i did end up buying a nos in the box complete haro sport for £225  :smitten:

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2011, 06:04 PM »
I don't see the point in paying high price's - if i can't afford it, then i can't have it - this is why i like to resto old bits, hard work put into some thing to bring it back to life is better than just buying off of ebay and having a soulless bmx

only the rich or stupid bid it up to a crazy price - but if you notice this caliper is not starting at 99p - so it is the like's of this type of seller who are setting a price, which then other people follow beliving that they can do the same !

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2011, 06:19 PM »
I don't see the point in paying high price's - if i can't afford it, then i can't have it - this is why i like to resto old bits, hard work put into some thing to bring it back to life is better than just buying off of ebay and having a soulless bmx

only the rich or stupid bid it up to a crazy price - but if you notice this caliper is not starting at 99p - so it is the like's of this type of seller who are setting a price, which then other people follow beliving that they can do the same !
i agree and i like restoring some parts too but these caliper prices were set some time ago i bought a set of radman 3 years ago for £200 -these sellers watch ebay and know ebay i have spoke to biagio many times before and in his words if you had something and had just watched something similar go for x amount would you then let basically the same thing go cheaper :-\
i have put things on here before and got a pm from someone(no names) saying he would like what i had but my prices were too high but the item in question was actually £35 less than what i had paid for it 2 weeks before bought it on impulse(lesson learned there) when your selling your a cnut cos prices are too high and when you dib something first your a cnut for beating the other person to it so your never gonna win  :daumenhoch:

In2 bmx

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2011, 06:33 PM »
When I started building bikes again and looking for what i wanted, before I knew about RAD and other sites to buy things from .

Everything was from eBAY . :(

I blame it all on eBay . It's a bidding site and if you need or want it you will pay the money . ...End of .

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2011, 06:42 PM »
When I started building bikes again and looking for what i wanted, before I knew about RAD and other sites to buy things from .

Everything was from eBAY . :(

I blame it all on eBay . It's a bidding site and if you need or want it you will pay the money . ...End of .

probably what we all done mate  :-[
look at the ticket touts
look at why all the kids couldn't get their "no1 toy" they wanted for xmas

FOOKING EBAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Alan's on the bus - it's just not going our way !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx