gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 01:21 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ripper on the bay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ripper on the bay  (Read 1521 times)

slurp

Ripper on the bay
« on: July 21, 2011, 09:04 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Old-school-pk-ripper-/150631700650?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item

The seat tube looks like it got more bubble gum welds than a hubber bubber factory. I asked the seller for more pics of the area but no response.

All the signs are there, shite pics, private bidders list etc etc.

One to avoid me thinks.

:daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Ripper on the bay
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12 PM »
 ::)

The strategic angle of the forks , so you can'ttell if they are non stamped  ;D

no mention of repairs in the thread but you can see  the seatube weld,, didn't angle that right , did he  :LolLolLolLol:

He knows what he's doing  :police:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:12 PM »
   Would be nice for some close up pics   just to make sure its not a load of sh1t    :police:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

waza04

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 09:14 PM »
shed of the week.........  :shocked:

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 09:22 PM »
shed of the week.........  :shocked:

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:    :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Massive Turndown

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:27 PM »
You just can't buy a Ripper with the pictures that matey has provided!.....shady at best! ::).As the Rad compadres say above,no-one on this site should go near that!.
 A PK Ripper with dropouts like that has deffo had a hard life!.....really really dodgy pictures,and hey Hunterdubber,your quite right sir,he/she even leaves us guessing whether the LG's are stamped or not!! :LolLolLolLol:.I'm willing to bet a quid they are stamped. :wtf: :10_2_12:   Regards Nick.

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 11:33 PM »
i've been watching that too and i'm sure he's edited the listing. when i first seen it, i think it said stamped lg forks.

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 12:09 AM »
think we need a new section ebay of the week :daumenhoch: that really is battered :'(

ukoldschool

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Or........
Heres a chance to buy a ripper that may not go very high due to the poor pics and may well need a bit of work to get it back to prime, but noting is impossible including welding the dropouts and reprofiling, and sorting the seat tube correctly.

I can understand people getting bent out of shape if hes deliberately misleading people, but hes advertising it as a pk ripper and hes shown pics of it along with the serial number in the auction.

Chill peoples  :LolLolLolLol:

As with anything on ebay Caveat Emporer

slurp

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Or........
Heres a chance to buy a ripper that may not go very high due to the poor pics and may well need a bit of work to get it back to prime, but noting is impossible including welding the dropouts and reprofiling, and sorting the seat tube correctly.

I can understand people getting bent out of shape if hes deliberately misleading people, but hes advertising it as a pk ripper and hes shown pics of it along with the serial number in the auction.

Chill peoples  :LolLolLolLol:

As with anything on ebay Caveat Emporer

And I quote from the advert:

"real good nick apart from a few scrapes and bumps but nothing to be worried about"

So no mention of all the work you kindly shared with us.

Misleading........I think so, but thanks for posting. :daumenhoch:

ukoldschool

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 12:53 PM »
And I quote from the advert:

"real good nick apart from a few scrapes and bumps but nothing to be worried about"

So no mention of all the work you kindly shared with us.

Misleading........I think so, but thanks for posting. :daumenhoch:

Eh? it is in good nick for a frame thats the best part of 20+ years old. Its got worn droputs - to be expected on an alloy frame. The seat post area isnt confirmed to be broken/welded, thats just the assumption of another paranoid columbo earlier in this thread, however it is likely as most original rippers are weak in this area and have had repairs.
Ebay has the facility to ask questions for just this sort of situation.......
theres far worse ebay auctions to get your knickers in a twist over than this one IMO.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 12:59 PM »
Stop feeding the troll please people   ::)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Can't really see how this thread has become a litle bit niggly. I like these threads.. being only 12 months or so into this hobby Im still a bit wet behind the ears and threads like this are useful, otherwise my noobiness may lead me to buy a complete lemon.

regardless of what the listing says, Ive downloaded the photos and stuck them in photoshop and worked my magic, and the OP is correct, there is some aftermarket modifications going on, and I dont mean a bodykit and  20" rims.

So look at it two ways. The seller is a shlt and lives on the principle of 'if i dont mention it then im not lying'. Or he genuinely doesnt realise. Either way, the site has been warned of the doginess of the frame. So we as a community are safe from buying a complete dog!

But when registrations reopen, and in intros there's a thread called 'Newbie scored a ripper on the bay looking for advice' get ready for some lolz

griff

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 01:13 PM »
and it's Caveat Emptor  ::)

tsk tsk, clearly the standards of Latin teaching under Troll bridge have been falling behind of late

:angel:

agree with Jay - these threads are both informative and sometimes funny (reminds me of Adenough's ripper thread although that one got a bit dramatic in the end)

ukoldschool

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 02:44 PM »

I love how you get called a troll for having your own opinion and expressing it.
I suppose it would be better if every answer to every thread was 'Right on man' etc.

And of course the spelling police (latin branch) isnt troll like at all..... :idiot2:

I dont happen top think there is anything particularly misleading or incorrect about this particular auction, but if people want to get columbo/csi about it fine. £100 says none of the sherlocks were going to bid anyway regardless  :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 03:05 PM »

I love how you get called a troll for having your own opinion and expressing it.
I suppose it would be better if every answer to every thread was 'Right on man' etc.

And of course the spelling police (latin branch) isnt troll like at all..... :idiot2:

I dont happen top think there is anything particularly misleading or incorrect about this particular auction, but if people want to get columbo/csi about it fine. £100 says none of the sherlocks were going to bid anyway regardless  :daumenhoch:

right on man  :daumenhoch:

ukoldschool

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 03:11 PM »
 :4_17_5:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 03:30 PM »
I dont see you as a troll, Nobhead is more my line of thinking
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2011, 06:28 PM »

::)

oldschoolfool

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2011, 08:33 PM »
Can't really see how this thread has become a litle bit niggly. I like these threads.. being only 12 months or so into this hobby Im still a bit wet behind the ears and threads like this are useful, otherwise my noobiness may lead me to buy a complete lemon.

regardless of what the listing says, Ive downloaded the photos and stuck them in photoshop and worked my magic, and the OP is correct, there is some aftermarket modifications going on, and I dont mean a bodykit and  20" rims.

So look at it two ways. The seller is a shlt and lives on the principle of 'if i dont mention it then im not lying'. Or he genuinely doesnt realise. Either way, the site has been warned of the doginess of the frame. So we as a community are safe from buying a complete dog!

But when registrations reopen, and in intros there's a thread called 'Newbie scored a ripper on the bay looking for advice' get ready for some lolz

bloody hell 12 months,2200 posts!!you live on here?? ;D ;D
12 months tomorrow anyway :daumenhoch:

griff

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2011, 10:07 PM »

bloody hell 12 months,2200 posts!!you live on here?? ;D ;D
12 months tomorrow anyway :daumenhoch:

that made me look at my profile  :-[
and only 10 months in...  (I should probably get out more)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ripper on the bay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx