gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 10:14 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  how easy is it to straighten out the sweep a bit in some old bars?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: how easy is it to straighten out the sweep a bit in some old bars?  (Read 1180 times)

griff

just wondered, is there a way to do this without risk of damage? i.e. not the stamping/driving over in car method
got some nice v-bars but think they might have a bit too much sweep compared to what I'm used to now, gonna try and ride with them as they are once my bike is built but expecting it to feel a bit wrong

honestly couldn't say what my original v-bars were like on my old silverfox but it was a long time ago - should probably check with Nath what the era-correct sweep angle is!

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
id imagine its possible as animal managed to salvage a set of star bars for me that were bent out of shape.check out the left grip side,bent right down

Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Very easy if you have the right kit

Here's a chunk of a thread off burnerworld where Mark did some bodging to a set of bars

and took the rake out of my win bars to make them more ridable  :cool:
with a 25 t press  :cool:

and squashed  :lol:

as flat as i could get them

griff

great stuff - so basically all I need is a 25T press then  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
great stuff - so basically all I need is a 25T press then  :daumenhoch:

Yup! have a look down the back of the fridge, thats where i find all the useful stuff!!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Just bring them to MK and I'll sit on them  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Any excuse for a bit of sexual pleasure with you Rob aint it.  ???
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

sid1972

Jump on the feckers - proper old school!!  ;)

griff

Jump on the feckers - proper old school!!  ;)

::)

ozone

just wondered, is there a way to do this without risk of damage? i.e. not the stamping/driving over in car method
got some nice v-bars but think they might have a bit too much sweep compared to what I'm used to now, gonna try and ride with them as they are once my bike is built but expecting it to feel a bit wrong

honestly couldn't say what my original v-bars were like on my old silverfox but it was a long time ago - should probably check with Nath what the era-correct sweep angle is!

Swap them for some Cee-Dubs or something instead of butchering a perfectly nice set of bars.   :)

griff

Swap them for some Cee-Dubs or something instead of butchering a perfectly nice set of bars.   :)

took me a sec to work out what you meant (CW's?) but I'm afraid I'm not a fan of the CW bar - in any case it has to be a v-bar as that's what I had BITD on my silverfox. as for 'butchery' that's not going to happen, but since the bike is going to be a keeper and be ridden by me just weighing up my options  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  how easy is it to straighten out the sweep a bit in some old bars?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx