gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Re greasing rear sprockets advise
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Re greasing rear sprockets advise  (Read 1000 times)

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re greasing rear sprockets advise
« on: July 15, 2011, 09:49 PM »
Is this possible and which grease, not too long ago i opened up a nacked dicta on my laminate floor and am still finding the odd bearing out of the 20 thousand spilt now  :LolLolLolLol: thing is  ive got a couple of suntours which sound a tad dry . any ideas ? im also thinking spray grease just splurted in without stripping but would rather have a guide line on resto  :daumenhoch:
thanks in advance  ;)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Re greasing rear sprockets advise
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 10:04 PM »
I've used spray white grease, but i still go back to the old faithful little oil can and pump it into the gaps, then wipe clean

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Bloody oil can  :-[  your right jim youve just re stoked a bitd memory cheers bud that will do  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:21 PM »
Yep bitd my dad used to use a little red one, on my burner, took me a few years to find one just the same with a thin solid nozzle, found it at a flea market in the end

oldboyburner

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 10:46 PM »
a old fella told me to get some grease in a old pan heat it up on a out door burner and it thins down like butter does drop your freewheel in it the grease flows in to the bearings and remove when cooled down fully reased freewheel  8)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:52 PM »
a old fella told me to get some grease in a old pan heat it up on a out door burner and it thins down like butter does drop your freewheel in it the grease flows in to the bearings and remove when cooled down fully reased freewheel  8)

Dude thats an amazing tip!! So trying that out

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 11:01 PM »
you go first jim and let me know  :daumenhoch: im picturing meself soaking sprocket in petrol to clean  and then cooking grease on stove...... BOOM   :LolLolLolLol:

oldboyburner

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 02:40 PM »
you go first jim and let me know  :daumenhoch: im picturing meself soaking sprocket in petrol to clean  and then cooking grease on stove...... BOOM   :LolLolLolLol:

:LolLolLolLol: :uglystupid2:

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 02:51 PM »
If you want a clicky freewheel thats pawls engage quickly (but they wear out quicker) then use sewing machine oil.
For a quite freewheel use grease, you can smear it in the gap on the freewheel and turn the wheel after every smear, coats the insides (a lot of grease can result in the pawls not engaging all the time though).

Also, you can mix grease and oil to get a lube with a consistency of your choice  :daumenhoch:
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Re greasing rear sprockets advise

gfxgfx
gfx gfx