gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 03:18 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?  (Read 16970 times)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
had to laugh ,,,,, thread started by a street beat owner  :2funny:

I know there noteveryones "cup of tea" but is there really anything wrong with a beat ??? They ride beautifully :smitten:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
all bikes are beautiful - just some have a lovely personality  ;D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Tachikoma

Bmx are like women, everyone wants the pretty ones but even the ugly ones see some action sometimes.

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
coc.ktard snobbery  ::)

That is all!
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

trasher

had to laugh ,,,,, thread started by a street beat owner  :2funny:

I know there noteveryones "cup of tea" but is there really anything wrong with a beat ??? They ride beautifully :smitten:

nowt wrong with them ,,,, just on observation ,,, i could understand if this thread was started by a top brand frame set owner

i love a good beat now and then  :-X

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
i think they were considered top end when they came out though

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Whats classed as a top brand?  We should do a desirabilty league table of frames.  That would be an interesting read.

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
I'm guessing quite a lot of people build for nostalgic reasons and memories and not because they were born with a silver spoon up their arse.

People are bored of the Redline Flites, the Tuff Neck Stems, the Kashi Aeros.....they've been done thousands of times. Not saying there's anything
wrong with that as I have done the same but people are going back to their roots and finding the old bikes that 'Mean' something to them and if thats
buying some old piece of 80's iron that they had bitd then there's nowt wrong with that.

I too have a Streetbeat....lovely bike but who cares wether it rides nice or the geometrys good or wether its better than a DP? I'm 40 next year I really dont give a shit.
It's about the memories for me as its what I always wanted when I used to watch Carlo and Craig bitd on BMX Beat.

I have a few bikes now The Streetbeat, Mongo Cali, PK Ripper and a Silverfox to name a few.......but if the Mrs said I had to get rid and keep only one then the Fox
would be staying no question.....its not because its loaded with top end parts as its totally standard, its because it means the most to me as its what my parents scrimped
and saved for all those years ago to make me happy when I was 14.......and if that makes me a cheap bastard then so be it.

You sound like a complete Donkeys D1ck to be honest and remind me of a lad at our school who had more Mongooses at 14 than Bobafett, all completely loaded with
the most expensive parts as his parents were rich (not now though as they eventually filed for bankruptcy). Always coming to school on his new 'Look at me' creation.
I saw him a few months ago and he's still the biggest tosser I have ever met, he's fat bald and ugly and his Mrs looked like she needed a jet wash.

People build bikes for personal reasons too but I'm guessing you wont understand that?

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
^^^ the nail has just been well and truly hit on the head there. Spot on  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
kin'ell steve....     :shocked: :shocked:

whats your opinion on look-a-like bikes then?     >:D
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

ukoldschool

any more handbags ladies?

:angel:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol:
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx