gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 01:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?  (Read 16961 times)

sweetbeats

I was thinking last night after reading this that I am not bothered in the slightest about other peoples bikes or my own-it's not a big deal.
Love BMX,met some top blokes that will remain  top friends whatever happens BMX wise and that to me is much more important than how many HUTCH hubs someone has got or if someone prefers Haro's to Halfords....it doesn't make you any cooler or have more cred on a kiddie bike forum  ;D

Enjoy the hobby,get some excercise...in the big scheme of things though it's just 80's skipfood, glorified by few.

:coolsmiley:

griff

haha is that the famous katau's helmet?
the fooker never put it on for us like he promised

hope he paid up in the end though

That Katau is a rip-off thieving cunt that deserves everything nasty that's coming to him  :2gunsfiring_v1:

I take it he's still not paid then? bang out of order  :knuppel2:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:

haha is that the famous katau's helmet?
the fooker never put it on for us like he promised

hope he paid up in the end though

That Katau is a rip-off thieving cunt that deserves everything nasty that's coming to him  :2gunsfiring_v1:

I take it he's still not paid then? bang out of order  :knuppel2:

No mate, cunt is in malta now, but what goes around comes around I say that little fooker will get it bad someday  :knuppel2:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Love some top blokes that will remain top friends whatever happens BMX wise and that to me is much more important than how many HUTCH hubs someone has got or if someone prefers Haro's to Halfords....

Fook, Jase are you gonna bum us when we fall asleep at MK ya fag :2funny:

Gizza hug ya nonce :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

Offline Julian347

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
No mate, cunt is in malta now, but what goes around comes around I say that little fooker will get it bad someday  :knuppel2:
[/quote]

I'm out in Malta very soon. Tell him I'll meet up with him and he can pay me what he owes you.

Julian

simo27

Its what you can afford, I hadnt bought anything from Alans for years and when I logged in there was some old stuff in my basket that I never get round to buying, suntour stem for example was about £15 in 2004/5 what would it be now?  Torker f&f £120 is another, now it would be three times that, and there was lots of it as well.

Simo

griff

I hadnt bought anything from Alans for years and when I logged in there was some old stuff in my basket that I never get round to buying,

mate you probably need to clear the cookies off your computer - bet it's got the AIDS by now

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Have some of this loveliness, shove your aerospeeds up yer aerohole

fooking love that  :smitten:

Rodgy1970

Its what you can afford, I hadnt bought anything from Alans for years and when I logged in there was some old stuff in my basket that I never get round to buying, suntour stem for example was about £15 in 2004/5 what would it be now?  Torker f&f £120 is another, now it would be three times that, and there was lots of it as well.

Simo

I remember around then and thinking I'm not paying those bloody prices so I'm defo a cheap bastard.

sweetbeats

Love some top blokes that will remain top friends whatever happens BMX wise and that to me is much more important than how many HUTCH hubs someone has got or if someone prefers Haro's to Halfords....

Fook, Jase are you gonna bum us when we fall asleep at MK ya fag :2funny:

Gizza hug ya nonce :LolLolLolLol:

Shhhhh Bukkake Boy  :buck2:

Offline AKGOFF

• 900 Air
  • 85 Hutch 'Woody' Trickstar
  • Rated:
Can we hear more from the originator of this thread please, his comments are the highlights of my day.
*******EVERYTHING IS FOR SALE APART FROM THE TRICKSTARS******

Rodgy1970

I've seen a few different threads about things like using repops and non era correct parts like twin pinch cranks on old school builds on forums but this has to be the first time I've seen out and out snobbery about the brand or type of parts used.

I would love a set of NOS green and blue label comp 3's but never while my arse looks downwards would I ever even consider paying over £200-300 for a set.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Here's a cheap pile of shit for yer  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:  well two actually.

And a 3rd place at MK10   :coolsmiley:

and just for you as you're a snob  :crazy2: :crazy2:

Show me another, rare as hens teeth now and thats what i  :smitten: about them.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
GET YOUR TAT OUT FOR THE LADS !!!!

love those Halfords builds

Here's some more tat, cost me £12 initially, frame made of straws, 8mm front axel coaster brake, about 20 spokes in each wheel, total tat. But again rare as hens teeth and the only anyone has ever seen

Still has a barcode on it

This bad boy is coming to MK with me!!

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
funniest thing on here , ever  :2funny: want one on the bonnet of me van

curtispro

I can't remember my halfords turbo having those pedals, but is was a long time ago  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
another cheap piece of sh!t - took joint second trophy it was that bad cos it was so low end  ;)

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
I was thinking last night after reading this that I am not bothered in the slightest about other peoples bikes or my own-it's not a big deal.
Love BMX,met some top blokes that will remain  top friends whatever happens BMX wise and that to me is much more important than how many HUTCH hubs someone has got or if someone prefers Haro's to Halfords....it doesn't make you any cooler or have more cred on a kiddie bike forum  ;D

Enjoy the hobby,get some excercise...in the big scheme of things though it's just 80's skipfood, glorified by few.

well bloody said..  :daumenhoch:
Griff loves BUM..

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

well bloody said..  :daumenhoch:

agreed  8) fookin old school 80's bmx fashion victims  :2funny:

Tachikoma

Couldn't have said it better myself.

As for hating on the parts that are on restored bikes, does that extend to hating on SR stems that are on builds which would have come with SR stems from new?, because if so that makes absolutely no sense.
I fail to see a reason for whining over which parts someone else choses to use for their builds, if they like it then that's all that matters, if you don't like it, don't fookin' look at it.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
Anybody want to buy a maxi cross crank set? Same as used on the shiners ad for the pk ripper bitd.
Decent price.
ding dong

simo27

I hadnt bought anything from Alans for years and when I logged in there was some old stuff in my basket that I never get round to buying,

mate you probably need to clear the cookies off your computer - bet it's got the AIDS by now

Probably right mate :daumenhoch:  Wondering why its slow :laugh:

simo27

Simo

I remember around then and thinking I'm not paying those bloody prices so I'm defo a cheap bastard.

I must have thought the same cos I never bought em meself!!!

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Ooooo, i wonder what the parts are worth on my bike now,  mmm. 

My bike is made up of mid range stuff, the araya aeros are probably the best bit, oh and I did stick a 5 quid seat post on it from halfords just to get it finished.

trasher

had to laugh ,,,,, thread started by a street beat owner  :2funny:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Do standards slip as you get older or are you just a cheap bastard?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx