gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Home powder coat :)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Home powder coat :)  (Read 1174 times)

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
Home powder coat :)
« on: July 11, 2011, 08:50 PM »
Dont want to tread on Superbikedan's toes but just thought i would stick this up for anyone who fancies having a crack themselves.

Get an old oven in the back yard and hey presto, great for small parts :daumenhoch:

http://www.eastwood.com/original-hotcoat-powdercoating-gun-1.html
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Home powder coat :)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Dont want to tread on Superbikedan's toes

You just did! :-X
Cheap crap!  Just like electric spray guns...  They never work properly!

R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

1mancity2

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Considering a decent powdr gun will set you back £3k I think the quality of that unit would be pants, also you would struggle to cure parts in your domestic oven and what could you coat really, chainrings, seatclamps, pedals?

Take into acoount the powder cost etc a very expensive way of doing bits yourself, send them off to your local coater for a cheaper and better quality finish.  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:36 PM »
Considering a decent powdr gun will set you back £3k I think the quality of that unit would be pants, also you would struggle to cure parts in your domestic oven and what could you coat really, chainrings, seatclamps, pedals?

Take into acoount the powder cost etc a very expensive way of doing bits yourself, send them off to your local coater for a cheaper and better quality finish.  :daumenhoch:

spot on and i really hope no one wastes there money on that crap, powder coating is so differant to

DIY aerosol can painting, it's a totally differant high tech painting system that cant be achieved in your shed

with an old oven :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Home powder coat :)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx