gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 11:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx....in general
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: bmx....in general  (Read 369 times)

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
bmx....in general
« on: July 10, 2011, 10:25 PM »
you will have to excuse me if this doesnt come out as i intend
bmx is a love we have because of our generation
even though i probably wont be rolling around on a trm at 60,bmx has evolved,and is still going,will the bikes we collect be classed as the begginings
im not talking about this in the arse dropping out of it way,but as collectors items,almost antiques,to bmxers in the future
fook me,they might even end up in a proper museum
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Tachikoma

Re: bmx....in general
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 06:54 AM »
I really shouldn't have tried to read this first thing in the morning.  :D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 07:49 AM »
i think they are already going that way to be honest....but in a word, yes  :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:00 AM »
there's a MKII Supertuff in the Coventry Transport museum.

Yeah you all hate Burners I know, but you'd all p1ss in your pants and wring them out in your mouth for that unused set of alloy hubbed tuffs wouldn't you?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:02 AM »
i do that anyway Joe  :)

sweetbeats

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 08:42 AM »
there's a MKII Supertuff in the Coventry Transport museum.

Yeah you all hate Burners I know, but you'd all p1ss in your pants and wring them out in your mouth for that unused set of alloy hubbed tuffs wouldn't you?

Yup but only for a yellow set  :P

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Yeah i think they are pretty much there. Look at Dan, he had his on display at a country fair, next to classic cars, vintage tractors and stalls selling hot pork rolls!! Whether or not there will be a personal collectors scene is a different matter, my brother is 8 years younger than me [26] and he hankers after a mid 90's dyno that he had back in his day, and although he likes my collection, he much prefers the mid school bikes from his childhood so his generation will be restoring the mid school section. I just feel sorry for this generation, they're going to be restoring magna's and roosters!!! But they'll still be hankering over tuffs and still discussing whether putting them in the freezer will work!! by that time i imagine all our collections would have filtered into museums and there will be an elite few younguns that still collect the original stuff, in fact there's a young lad called Jack on the burner forums with a large collection of original burners, a gusset goose, a puch etc maybe kids like him will keep the fire lit

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 09:47 AM »
but on the flip side, if we keep every thing nice to put in museums - are we going to miss out on ridding them now ? - things put up in the loft that are boxed up. will our kids really appreciate them ? will the kids not want NS gear for themselves - how many of us have a bmx from pre 1980 ?

i have always known and grown up with my mum into antiques, and have seen it latley change from the way kids are no longer into china glass and wood - it's all plastics and ikea gear
Yes they might be collectors in the future but that may just be by a handfull of people

so the question is will bmx go like old cars or kids toys ?
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  bmx....in general

gfxgfx
gfx gfx