gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 06:41 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Peregrine 48 Spindle for front wheel
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peregrine 48 Spindle for front wheel  (Read 1903 times)

punkdSICO

Peregrine 48 Spindle for front wheel
« on: July 05, 2011, 08:22 PM »
Hi all

I got some lovely Peregrine 48 wheels off Ed a few weeks back.  Stripped/pimped them and they have come up lovely BUT - I have fricken lost the front spindle along with the bearings and all the bits that are screwed onto the spindle.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement spindle from?  Whilst we are at it, anyone know where I can get a replacement wife from who does not randomly move stuff around?!

ta,

Paul

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
Re: Peregrine 48 Spindle for front wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Don't know about in the UK, but Rini do 'em in the States:

http://rinienterprises.com/

Look under: Axels - 3/8" Threaded Axel Sets - Page 5 - Item number: AX37
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 09:50 PM »
i'm sure bendycat eleventeen's axle kits would fit. you may need different bearings but the rest of it should be fine.

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Theres rear axle kits for Peregrines on ebay for £22, or you could pick up a pair of semi pro hubs for £45 and use the axles and keep the leftovers for spares??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-BMX-Peregrine-48-Hubs-Peregrine-48s-NOS-BMX-Hubs-/150494654517?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item230a2e3035

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 10:17 PM »
Thats true - but them there rear axle kits are sealed (and rear). You can convert looseball Peregrines to sealed, but getting the bearing cups out is a nightmare (and some of the hubs have clearance issues with the sealed axles - nowt that a machinist can't sort out though)

Rini also do the sealed axle kits for Peregrines/Suzue hubs. Decent prices and they don't rob on shipping (although if you balls up on your cart order, she can get knarky and charge you postage on added orders).

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Paul

Thats like some sh*t I would do  :4_17_5:

If you want mate I've got a spare rear Peregrine wheel hanging in my shed that I can send you the missing bits off until you find something else ( if they fit ... I'm sure someone will tell us )

don't blame your wife though ... you need to take care of your sh*t bud  :D or have a lockable door  :police:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 10:37 PM »

If you want mate I've got a spare rear Peregrine wheel hanging in my shed that I can send you the missing bits off until you find something else ( if they fit ... I'm sure someone will tell us )

Fairly certain you can swap out axles/cone nuts etc on loose ball Perry's from front to rear  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 10:40 PM »

Fairly certain you can swap out axles/cone nuts etc on loose ball Perry's from front to rear  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Danny  :daumenhoch: there you go Paul - you've got a work around til you get something else sorted  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

punkdSICO

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 11:47 PM »
Hey all - thanks for all the suggestions...  Ed - thanks for the kind offer of a loan :)

I decided I would leave it until the end of the weekend when I would tear the house up-side-down.  If no joy, I would then find a alternative.

However, chick came up good!!  She found the spindle and bearings pretty much exactly were I thought they would be and were I had looked several times.  I had put them in an water bottle with grease stripper.  When searching, I ignored the bottle.  Luckily, my wife is a little more thorough than me so my wheels are now assembled and ready to go.

Im doing some building this weekend so picks to follow!!

thanks again everyone..

Paul

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Peregrine 48 Spindle for front wheel

gfxgfx
gfx gfx