gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975763 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 07:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Red tuffs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Red tuffs  (Read 826 times)

oldsnow

Red tuffs
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:42 AM »
Been out of scene for 6 months & thinking of next build!
Anyone tell me what a pair of alloy hubbed red tuffs go for these days?

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: Red tuffs
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:50 AM »
A fair bit fella. There's a NOS set up for sale at the moment for £375 and recently i got rid of mine in rider condition and swopped them for a whole bike

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 10:11 AM »
Or if there are any left, try coloured tuffs for the new re-issue alloy ones.  Still pricey mind
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

punkdSICO

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 01:32 PM »
A fair bit fella. There's a NOS set up for sale at the moment for £375 and recently i got rid of mine in rider condition and swopped them for a whole bike
Wow!!  Is it because they are red?  Are red harder to find than common old black?  I ask as 2 weeks ago I got a pair for flanged black Skyways for £55, all in!  These are in great condition.  Definitely not NOS but, Im sure some people would be put off riding them because they are so nice; they even have partial serial number on the rims so minimal break wear.

These are my second recent set of black flanged Skyways.  Even my other pair were part of a DP Firebird Freestyler that cost £250 so, once you take off the price of the frame etc, it puts the Skyways at a similar price to my recent pair..

BMX pricing will always be a mystery to me :(

Paul

Offline webbie

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I got some red alloy hub tuffs off ebay this weekend for £71 in very good nick and with a coaster too. ;D

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Any good?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-RED-SKYWAY-TUFFS-/290579157447?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item43a7de11c7

Julian

They are very early by the looks of things with those particular hubs.... 1980 - 1982ish and still look very red. Maybe dyded already  ???

punkdSICO

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 08:10 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLD-SCHOOL-BMX-RED-SKYWAY-TUFFS-/290579157447?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item43a7de11c7
Good find, Julian..

Oldsnow - personally, I dont think these wheals are worth the starting price of 150 (assuming you get them for 150) and I will be surprised if they sell.  Search the eBay Complete Listings and you will see most flanged Skyways go for between £80-110 (my £55 wheels were very dirty so no-one seemed to be interested.

Saying this, if it were me, I would just say "feck-it" and get them, paying the extrat £50.  Besides, Red is harder to get and you get a coaster break (if that is of interest).  They look like they are in nice condition..  I would check with the seller that they have not been re-bolted as the pictures look like the rivets are slightly too large (but the pictures are bad so that could account for it).

Good luck

Paul

youngy

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 08:43 PM »
The red tuffs on ebay are mine matey, pics don't do them justice they are a really nice red and not dyed. The hubs are original too. The start price is what I paid for them off Meticulous (Sam)so if you're interested he will confirm the condition. LMK if interested can sort something out :daumenhoch:
cheers G

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Red tuffs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx