gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  recommend me a solid race bike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: recommend me a solid race bike  (Read 1647 times)

medved

recommend me a solid race bike
« on: June 23, 2011, 09:00 PM »
i've not been in this game long and am half way my first proper season of racing on my crowzer.

as much as i like my cruiser i want to be one of those guys who race 20"

can anybody recommend me a good solid complete to race regionals on?  i'd prefer a chromoly frame but understand that there arent any completes out there (and i dont really have the funds to build a custom job)

i'm not fussed about super light, just durable and solid enough to help me progress to going quicker and learning to manual and jump properly without having to replace too much stuff as i go along.

any ideas or tips

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: recommend me a solid race bike
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:55 PM »
I'm no expert but going on what other people ride, the Redline and Kuwahara completes seem to do the job and not have people complaining about needing to replace bits. Haro are also good value for money but they've had a few iffy components on their completes in the past but recent models seem decent.  :daumenhoch:
There's also quite a few people ride Intense completes, and I think the Felt Sector Pro XL is well-specced for the price but not sure if they're only available in the US ???

Offline Gish

• 540 Air
  • who the fook are you lookin at !!!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:57 PM »
i have just put a dialled in the for sale section if thats any good
Ride it like its stolen

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 09:58 PM »
i have just put a dialled in the for sale section if thats any good
:daumenhoch: if you want a good :Great_Britain: chromoly nearly complete

medved

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:04 PM »
i ride a Haro pro 24  and have replaced almost everything on it bar the frame, rear brake and front wheel, hence i am not too keen to get another one (even though they are good frames)

redline proline looks reasonable to my eyes,  are there any park/street bikes that could be easily raced?

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 10:13 PM »
how tall are you and what is your budget?

Dingo

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 10:14 PM »
i ride a Haro pro 24  and have replaced almost everything on it bar the frame, rear brake and front wheel, hence i am not too keen to get another one (even though they are good frames)

redline proline looks reasonable to my eyes,  are there any park/street bikes that could be easily raced?
I know what you mean, I mainly race a Felt 24 at the moment and I have the original Frame, Fork... and not much else :D
It's about the first frame I've ever had that didn't flex loads though

medved

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 10:21 PM »
how tall are you and what is your budget?

Dingo

i'm 5'6"  (need 21" frame as a 20.5 that i tried to ride was too small)  and have a budget of about £400-500

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 09:47 AM »
 :) Redline Proline/ Flight or Freeagent Limo all the way if you can stretch to a bit more,maybe buy used. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  recommend me a solid race bike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx