gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 04:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay  (Read 8643 times)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2011, 08:27 PM »
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

sweetbeats

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2011, 08:31 PM »
I am selling all my stuff part from 1 bike more than likely next week but I will decide where I sell it and how much for irrespective of how much i got the bits for.
Some stuff i have had for over 3 years so remembering prices,who i got the item off etc would be difficult anyway.
I have bought stuff on here and sold it elsewhere for sure....and many of the lads on here will tell you i have given them bits like lock nuts,brakes,chainrings etc for nothing or sold bits for way less than I paid.
 ;)

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2011, 08:33 PM »
anyone wanna buy some BMX parts............

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 08:36 PM »
I am selling all my stuff part from 1 bike more than likely next week but I will decide where I sell it and how much for irrespective of how much i got the bits for.
Some stuff i have had for over 3 years so remembering prices,who i got the item off etc would be difficult anyway.
I have bought stuff on here and sold it elsewhere for sure....and many of the lads on here will tell you i have given them bits like lock nuts,brakes,chainrings etc for nothing or sold bits for way less than I paid.
 ;)

Indeed you have, and your gift to me last year is going on my latest project :)

sweetbeats

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2011, 08:37 PM »
 ;)

dan-dare

« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2011, 08:39 PM »
I object to missing out on something,often by seconds,

Pedal fast at Hartlepool, Andy dude....... :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

ozone

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 08:47 PM »
I have noticed there are a few people who buy stuff on here then immediatly sell on Ebay just for profit,these parts are often bought by Radsters,who missed out on them cos they were,nt lookin that minute >:(

These people generally put nothing back into Rad >:(

So......do we "Out" the culprits,so no one sells to them, or ban them from the site,or do we sit back and do nothing ???

Discuss.

Name them or delete a pointless thread or to use another old saying - either s**t or get off the pot.   >:D

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 08:56 PM »
 ;)

is my gt coming back home  :)

sweetbeats

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 09:00 PM »
 ::)
Nope it's the keeper.
You have 1st dib dobs though Pete xx

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2011, 09:20 PM »
Nope it's the keeper.

so the cheeky chrome one ?

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2011, 09:40 PM »
i thought i was having it :P
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

sweetbeats

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2011, 09:44 PM »
i thought i was having it :P

You are....Pete has a fixation on the chrome performer and believes it's his  ;)
 :LolLolLolLol:

sweetbeats

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Nope it's the keeper.

so the cheeky chrome one ?

The chrome one is yours pete the yellow is off to Stu's  8)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2011, 09:51 PM »

all performers are mine, there just out on loan  8)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2011, 10:06 PM »
Jase dont you remember, Ive got a napkin here from that strip club in blackpool, scrawled on the back is

'I R giz u all ma bykes. kisses Jason xx

sweetbeats

« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2011, 10:08 PM »

all performers are mine, there just out on loan  8)

I do actually believe that fella  8)

sweetbeats

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Jase dont you remember, Ive got a napkin here from that strip club in blackpool, scrawled on the back is

'I R giz u all ma bykes. kisses Jason xx

;D ;D ;D

oldskooldayz

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 01:50 AM »
I understand that buying on here only to make a profit on the bay is a slap round the face to people who really wanted the part
But again people on here have had stuff off the bay and sold it here for a profit also, so it works both ways

Lots of people have more than one account here and on eBay and they always slip up on a picture they forgot they had already used

I have one username and it's the same on here, eBay, bw, n rewind so everyone knows what I had and from who

I have had items off people and when I change my mind and want to resell it I up the price a little so as 1 I can get back exactly what it cost me inc postage and 2 it gives people the opertunity to knock me down on it to what I paid for it in the first place as peeps love a haggle

If I have to sell on eBay its because i get no joy on the forums when i try to resell it, the price is increased because everyone knows that to get your money back this is the only way due to all the fees involved on eBay such ad listing fees final value fees an paypal fees

at the same time when I sell on the bay most people send you a message asking how much outside of eBay you will sell it for
So it allows for a wider audience so to speak and sometimes an instant sale

I'm a belever in if you get what you want for the item then sell it to who ever
as at the end of the day it's yours to do with as you please
people here an on all forums are mostly lying if they say they never do it because how do you fund your hobby otherwise unless you are just minted to the nines

What pisses me off is the stuff like tuf neck stems or redline stems n juicy parts these sell for stupid money and people allow themselves to pay stupid prices for them
and anyone who finds a cheap one is defo gonna sell it on for a profit and don't even think about saying you wouldn't because your a daisy if you do

At the end of the day its the way of the world and if you want it bad enough you will pay for it

PEACE  :rant:  :wtf:  :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 04:09 AM by oldskooldayz »

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 07:31 AM »
when people rant on about high prices on bmx parts etc etc lets not forget everybody that WE ALL have helped create the high prices !! not necessarily on radbmx but Ebay has been the downfall like when people slag biagio off for his high prices he has not thought fook it i'm gonna put them that high he has been coached by what people will pay for them on ebay and with so many people on ebay worldwide there are a lot of people "wanting that part" and get dragged into a false sense that " they will never get it again" i know i have done it myself-i have also paid over the odds from people on here and also when i didn't know what i was looking for bought fake parts from well respected members on here but i'm not going to go shouting their names from the rooftops and embarrass them as that's not what i'm about -i will also openly admitt that i have made some money on here whether on purpose or not but can guarantee that i have lost a great deal more !!! but then since the radbmx shop has been open i have probably spent somewhere in the region of £2000-£3000 on buying bikes and parts so any money i make goes back into bmx as lets face it not everyone has high flying highly paid jobs that has a big disposable income so if making money out of bmx helps fund your passion for bmx then whats the problem?
and lets not forget also that basically this post has probably been started out by someone "missing that part they will never get again"

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 09:40 AM »
My thread simply stated that a few people come on here JUST to buy parts to sell on ebay.

I asked if they should be outed,banned or do nothing.

there,s been many replies,but not many stating,BAN,"OUT THEM",or "DO NOTHING", which is the question i asked ???

I know the parts i want will turn up eventually,thats not what i,m bothered about,its people taking advantage of good prices on Rad,SOLELY to sell on,on ebay :daumenhoch:

This aint about general trading of parts, profit making or not, if you make money good on ya,if you lose money ,thats life. Thankyou :)

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 09:51 AM »
Some good 'REALISTIC' points there in the last few posts.....

Can't say no more really.

A

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 09:56 AM »
All this talk of 'the community' and keeping prices real are stupid,  I have been a part of this 'community' for a very long time and I am of the belief that once you buy it, it is yours, sell it on ebay, put it on a bike, have a w*nk over it, it is nobody's business but the person who bought the item.

Why ban them? Why even mention it?  Just keep out of it.

If I see an item in the For Sale section and I want it then I buy it, if I don't want it and someone else buys it and then they sell it on the next day on ebay for a profit then good for them.

I personally think many of the problems with high prices for BMX parts are simply because a lot of people think that there is only 1 type of part for their bike.  For example, I see way too many bikes that have MX1000 brakes, Tuff Neck stems, Kashimax aero seats, Redline flight cranks and because of this the sellers of these items ask top dollar for them.  There were loads of different (and better) components used bitd, that you can find for a hell of a lot less than the 'popular' (read common) items.  

Think outside the box a bit more for your builds and you will find better looking items that are not so common and you will pay a lot less for them.  It just takes a bit of thought and homework.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 10:06 AM »
All this talk of 'the community' and keeping prices real are stupid,  I have been a part of this 'community' for a very long time and I am of the belief that once you buy it, it is yours, sell it on ebay, put it on a bike, have a w*nk over it, it is nobody's business but the person who bought the item.

Why ban them? Why even mention it?  Just keep out of it.

If I see an item in the For Sale section and I want it then I buy it, if I don't want it and someone else buys it and then they sell it on the next day on ebay for a profit then good for them.

I personally think many of the problems with high prices for BMX parts are simply because a lot of people think that there is only 1 type of part for their bike.  For example, I see way too many bikes that have MX1000 brakes, Tuff Neck stems, Kashimax aero seats, Redline flight cranks and because of this the sellers of these items ask top dollar for them.  There were loads of different (and better) components used bitd, that you can find for a hell of a lot less than the 'popular' (read common) items. 

Think outside the box a bit more for your builds and you will find better looking items that are not so common and you will pay a lot less for them.  It just takes a bit of thought and homework.

Totally agree ....................................for once  :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 10:16 AM »
or use the "Wanted" section  :daumenhoch:

Offline stevesredvxr

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 10:32 AM »
DO NOTHING......you can't police it.
Who is going to ban people.....the 'community'?

We all saw what the 'community' thought of Tellis dibbing those Supergooses yesterday.
He got accused of dibbing em to split on ebay just because he's a newish member.

Who wouldn't have dibbed them at that price? No-one. Just so happened Tellis got there first and he bore the brunt of a complete
waste of a thread which should have been shelved as soon as the bad blood started to flow.
A joke gone too far in my opinion.

I believe thats why we buy 'Site Supporters' Tags isn't it? So we can buy and sell freely?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx