gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 04:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay  (Read 8641 times)

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
« on: June 17, 2011, 05:03 PM »
I have noticed there are a few people who buy stuff on here then immediatly sell on Ebay just for profit,these parts are often bought by Radsters,who missed out on them cos they were,nt lookin that minute >:(

These people generally put nothing back into Rad >:(

So......do we "Out" the culprits,so no one sells to them, or ban them from the site,or do we sit back and do nothing ???

Discuss.

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 05:08 PM »
I have noticed there are a few people who buy stuff on here then immediatly sell on Ebay just for profit,these parts are often bought by Radsters,who missed out on them cos they were,nt lookin that minute >:(

These people generally put nothing back into Rad >:(

So......do we "Out" the culprits,so no one sells to them, or ban them from the site,or do we sit back and do nothing ???

Discuss.

Name them........

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 05:09 PM »
They are bottom feeders - life's full of them

If they're paying your asking price - what should you care - you've got your money at the end of the day

Don't sell to them if it upsets you

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 05:16 PM »

If they're paying your asking price - what should you care - you've got your money at the end of the day

I object to missing out on something,often by seconds, only to see it on Ebay the week after,for twice the price.
If i think its gonna be sold on by the person i wont sell it to them. :)

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 05:20 PM »
There was a time on here where that simply didn't go on.  In my book, not cool.

However, as Dan rightly says - if they're paying your asking price.....

Offline hotdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 05:23 PM »

I object to missing out on something,often by seconds, only to see it on Ebay the week after,for twice the price.

Can you give us an example?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 05:31 PM »
I've bought and sold plenty on here and once it's changed hands and the money has been banked then that's all you can say ffs.

I've sold stuff too cheap and people have split up bikes and made a tidy profit but had to pish about on ebay to do so which they're welcome to do as I hate ebay.

I've bought stuff cheap on here and sold it on when I'm finished too so it's swings & roundabouts as far as I'm concerned.

Once you've bought something it's yours to do whatever you want with.

Just my tuppence-worth.... ;-)
Still limping......

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 05:36 PM »

Can you give us an example?

Yes, theres one guy who likes mx1000,s ,900,s tec 3s,mx seatclamps etc, buys them on here then sells on Ebay,do a search in the for sale section,one name crops up with alarming regularity,he never buys ,frames wheels,etc ???

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 05:47 PM »
There's only one way you can police practices such as this and and that's by getting together and boycotting the leeches

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Keep it in the family I say...  :)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Dannywhac

• BMX Nerd
  • return of the whac
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Agreed - once money's changed hands it's theirs to sell - but..... it fookin' narks me off when you see someone on here buy stuff on the forum, then offer it up at three times the price they bought it for when you put a wanted add up. There's at least one person I've noticed with two eBay accounts that every now and again shill bids on their own auctions n'all. Oh yeah - and I've had me fingers burnt a couple of times when I've bought and the items have turned out to be in shite condition......

End of the day though - their stuff - I just won't buy or sell to em (not that I do a lot of selling - gotts stop hoarding) :)
"Listen. I don't care what you say. Chlamydia is a soup." (Phelps, L. 2000)

In2 bmx

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 05:54 PM »

And neither will I  :daumenhoch:

me too . It's should be kept for people who love Bmx and building bikes not making a profit .  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 05:55 PM »
I buy on here, I sell on here at a loss. . . . Im the perfect member :|

Offline poolysheriff

• Team Moderator
  • Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 06:03 PM »
I would rather give it away than sell it to someone who doesn't actually want it ,but knows its cheap and buys it just to sell it on again within a week or so for a big profit  :-\

And this has happened over the years lots of times  :(

I guess you can't stop it ,you just watch who you are selling too ,
A bit like you watch who you are buying off  ;)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 06:11 PM »

never mind, aint keen on shill bidders tho

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 06:30 PM »
i can't see how that would be possible tbh

monkian

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 06:32 PM »
For me, I don't think it's a black and white issue. Personally, I have no choice but to trade at times to fund my builds.
If I didn't do this, I simply couldn't take part in something I genuinely have a long held love and respect for.

I guess I'm saying there's potentially a right way to go about it, then there's taking the piss.
It's important to recognize that contributing to the community goes beyond buying and selling.
Well, for what it's worth, that's my bit said :-\

The Burner King

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 06:40 PM »
There was a member on here who on a regular used to beg for stuff in the wanted section  and then sell on e-bay, think he has been sussed now.

I think if you have sold something for the price you wanted then thats fair enough, but when you have been knocked down on your pice and then see the same bit on e-bay a few days later, it does P you off a bit  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 07:01 PM »
quote    It's important to recognize that contributing to the community goes beyond buying and selling.

well said paul  :daumenhoch:

Offline neil

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 07:11 PM »
im pretty new on here but im not in it to make money a do sell the odd item but thats only cause i change my mind all the time ,apart from the hutch :smitten: :smitten: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 07:40 PM »
One of them's been banned :) :police:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2011, 08:12 PM »
I buy stuff from the museum and sell/Trade on here  :-\ I only charge what I pay in the first place or trade it for I really want. As a known buyer on the museum, I generally get discounted from the guys and so can get it cheaper for you guys  :daumenhoch:

They have sooo much over there, I like to get it and share it over here. I rarely buy from Ebay as most people on there have more than 1 account and just bid up their items to make a vast profit. It's so easy and unpoliced. Its just down to who really wants to pay that price.

Example here;-  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150618141862&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Do you really think it's worth the bid price ?? Amazing how I am not hidden but the other bidders are. I will wait to see if I get offered a sloppy seconds on it.

PS:- ALL items sold on RAD should retain the original selling price. Stop deleting the price with the word sold guys. It's nice to see what it sold for and if it does appear on Ebay, then you will know what to bid to  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2011, 08:13 PM »
don't buy owt these days.............. :)

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2011, 08:18 PM »
I buy stuff from the museum and sell/Trade on here  :-\ I only charge what I pay in the first place or trade it for I really want. As a known buyer on the museum, I generally get discounted from the guys and so can get it cheaper for you guys  :daumenhoch:

They have sooo much over there, I like to get it and share it over here. I rarely buy from Ebay as most people on there have more than 1 account and just bid up their items to make a vast profit. It's so easy and unpoliced. Its just down to who really wants to pay that price.

Example here;-  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150618141862&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Do you really think it's worth the bid price ?? Amazing how I am not hidden but the other bidders are. I will wait to see if I get offered a sloppy seconds on it.

PS:- ALL items sold on RAD should retain the original selling price. Stop deleting the price with the word sold guys. It's nice to see what it sold for and if it does appear on Ebay, then you will know what to bid to  :daumenhoch:

Amazing that you are not hidden because why would it hide your ebay id to yourself??? Other bidders cant see your id, just like you cant see theirs....

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2011, 08:24 PM »
I worded that wrong, sorry. I don't beleive in hiding peoples ID's anyway. No need for it. Just hides dodgy dealership.

PS TELLIS302000:- I know someone who is dealer in ............ and uses ebay with several accounts to boost the item outcome. I do know what I am saying and I do know how it works, ALL of it  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Buy on Rad,to Sell on Ebay

gfxgfx
gfx gfx