gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 01:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new school bmx
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new school bmx  (Read 361 times)

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
new school bmx
« on: June 16, 2011, 09:06 PM »
Looking for some help fellas. My mate is looking for a bmx for his 13 year old son but hasnt got a clue and niether have I.  He only wants to spend £130 and he isnt looking for a new one. Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest anything.

Cheers.

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
Re: new school bmx
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 09:37 PM »
There's plenty about for that sort of money.

If he can squeeze a touch more out of the budget the 2011 Mongoose program is a nce bike and very reasonable, also has an old school flavour

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mongoose-Program-2011-BMX-Bike-Gum-Rubber-NEW-Boxed-/310324111247?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item4840c2278f

otherwise look out for we the people, there are lots out there and they seem to sell pretty cheap second hand, good strong bike with street respect. GT Bump is a good one if you get one, cheaper version was the GT tour [most expensive BMX you can buy in halfords]

Here's a couple that you think would be pretty good but are wank, my lad has destroyed them both, the vertigo is dead at 6 months old and thats after i put a new wheel and chainring on it and a new headset

2008-11 GT vertigo [heavy as lead]
2008-11 GT Interceptor [as above]

and all of these are to be avoided like aids

Vibe
X-Rated
Snob
Magna
Apollo
Trax
Rooster

Offline stevochb

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:17 PM »
Cheers Jaymz, I put him on to We the people but they are out of his price range, the goose and the gt are looking good though.
Many thanks Steve :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Cheers Jaymz, I put him on to We the people but they are out of his price range, the goose and the gt are looking good though.
Many thanks Steve :daumenhoch:

no worries mate. Let me know how he gets on as I might be picking up a WTP Trust beginning of next month from one of my friends sons who want to go to australia and ive said ill take it off his hands to help fund it, but i have no need for it

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:56 PM »
After a quick scrawl through the Bay,  this ain't bad - most importantly it has small gearing which is really all kids care about.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOYS-BMX-HARO-F3-2010-WHITE-BIKE-/280696518453?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item415ad0f735#ht_500wt_1156

Whack a pivotal seat and some plastic pedals on and he'll be reet   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  new school bmx

gfxgfx
gfx gfx