gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  dc mx seat clamps
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dc mx seat clamps  (Read 559 times)

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: dc mx seat clamps
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:24 PM »
More bandwagon bollox ,,they are a fifth of the price of an original though  :D

Why won't I be surprised when they do a  repro JMC Andy Patterson frameset  :crazy2:   :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:25 PM by Hunterdubber »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29 PM »
FFS
Just looked through Alans "other items"  :shocked:

How long have they been doing these ,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dia-Compe-Tech-III-Brake-Lever-Oldschool-BMX-New-/220793246364?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item7914ba270d

oh dear, oh dear , manufactured 2011   :crazy2:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35 PM »
Clamps aren't stamped DC, only MX otherwise I would have had one of those fookers  :coolsmiley:

mattuknc

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:48 PM »
I know it's not right, but I have one of each of these, they look alright (to the untrained eye, such as myself)  :-\

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 08:54 PM »
FFS

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dia-Compe-Tech-III-Brake-Lever-Oldschool-BMX-New-/220793246364?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item7914ba270d

They've only had the repop tech 3 levers for a few weeks over here but been selling on eBay Australia for a good while now.  Very tempted tbh as they look pretty good compared with the crap job they made of the calipers.  Anyone got some, and what are they like?
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 09:40 PM »
FFS

They've only had the repop tech 3 levers for a few weeks over here but been selling on eBay Australia for a good while now.  Very tempted tbh as they look pretty good compared with the crap job they made of the calipers.  Anyone got some, and what are they like?

Think Spen ordered a few of these and said he would report back when he got them , he hasn't as yet  .................. maybe there sh1te  :-\
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

mattuknc

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 09:46 PM »
As I said, I picked up a right hand lever and seat clamp. They both look ok, they both work so for the money pretty good I think.
100% better than some of the MX copies out there.  :daumenhoch:

sharp767

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 09:57 PM »
i got one of the seat clamps, its a tad bigger than original and no dc stamp but looks ok, for a rider it looks old school and its cheap, ive seen the calipers and they look shite, they really look like they are made in taiwan, and a no-no in my opinion,
the levers are somewhere in the middle, again cheap and look old school AND it dont matter if you fook them up.
 8)

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 10:13 PM »
FFS

levers are almost bang on ive had a black pair for the last few weeks on my rider  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Levers = See the sh*te MX on the lever ??

Clamp =

The ano is darker than the old school so it does show if you look properly. I now have a Red ano Tuf Neck clamp and it matches the calipers, peds and chainring in perfect colour  :daumenhoch:
BANNED

ozone

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 07:47 AM »
Levers = See the sh*te MX on the lever ??

Clamp =

The ano is darker than the old school so it does show if you look properly.

Leave it on your windowsill for a few weeks and it will turn a lovely pink colour.   :D

You're right about the stamp on those MX levers - truly horrendous and no better than a Lee Chi etc.   :uglystupid2:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 08:22 AM »
Sorry lads, been on my hols and the Tech3's had arrived when I got back. I was gonna do a more detailed report with pics but here's a quick reply!

Fitted the blue pair on my moody Gen1 rider and they look fooking great, like "where the fook did he find those?" great until you get close up. Then you can spot the difference easily as the curve at the end of the lever isn't as sharp and the bolt holding the clamp is different. The blue is a good match to the NOS MXthou's I have on the bike (yep, it'a a rider I know!) so overall as a £24 solution to a £100 "if you can find them" problem then I would give them 8/10 as they look the part.

Problem is I have NOS gold left-hands on 2 bikes but couldn't find the equivilent RH so I bought 2 repops. When I fit these over the weekend I'll let you know how they look and get some pics, but I'm not holding my breath but they'll do until I find a couple of NOS ones for my 2 Gooses.
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  dc mx seat clamps

gfxgfx
gfx gfx