gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help with headset am I missing something
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help with headset am I missing something  (Read 331 times)

curtispro

Help with headset am I missing something
« on: June 25, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Just started putting the DP together, fitted a nice cheap MX2 cups in greased up the bearings, then WTF is going on with the thread, can't get the headset nut on past 4 threads, 1" headset are there 2 types of pitch? Found an old one and it fits fine but it's not pretty, pork chop has got a red one but I don't know if that will fit, help!!!!!

Offline TELLIS302000

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Help with headset am I missing something
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Had this problem before. The threads were not cut right on the locknut!

sid1972

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 06:49 PM »
its not the forks then - can you see if the thread on the nut is clear and not machined badly ??? - Try a small wire brush the threads if you have one.

Got any old forks? because you could try and fit it to them and this my clear the threads also, tighten down and free off etc until it goes fully on. Like re threading it with the forks..

Offline Discostu

• 540 Air
  • Two's Company
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 06:50 PM »
There are 2 types of of 1 inch headset. One is a smaller 1 inch type. The other is a bigger 1 inch type. I know it sounds weird but type in 1 inch headset sizes on google and see what comes up. I think the bmx ones are the larger type. I might be wrong for race bmx's though. I would try some other headsets. But before u buy. Specify it's for a 1" bmx. Hope this helps. Stu

curtispro

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Tried 3 different ones all the same, got the old one and went on fine, 2 are brand new with the same problem, think it's the pitch, forks are spot on, gonna give pork chop a shout about his repo red one!!!

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Running a o/s tioga 1'' on my DP   perfecta mundo  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help with headset am I missing something

gfxgfx
gfx gfx