gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 08:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  need a long (3ft) shallow bath or tray (to make oxalic acid bath)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: need a long (3ft) shallow bath or tray (to make oxalic acid bath)  (Read 1355 times)

griff

still on the hunt for something to soak the rust off my frame, anyone know of anything big enough to fit a frame in
must be cheap as I'm not planning on making a habit of this, need to sort it quick so I can put all the bits on it

was considering using a kids paddling pool, but can just see a big wobbly acid bath getting spilt all over my new veg patch

thanks in advance for any help

griff

PS apparently our enamel bath indoors is NOT an option

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
what about a storage tub from wilkinsons?

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
cant you get some plastic sheeting and make a frame to hang it in.
i done this when i bleached some tuffs once.
not pretty but worked and was cheap.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline oldschoolace

• Team Moderator
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Bodger
  • Rated:
I used a cheap inflatable paddling pool. Think it cost a quid and had 2 ring about a metre across.
It was just big enough if i distorted it to an oval shape a little. I got a large bag of citric acid of the bay for about 8 quid and used pop bottles to fill as much free space as possible around the frame so i could keep the solution fairly strong.

It worked a treat, amazing how simple chemistry can clean a pretty tatty frame and totally safe too. You could drink it if you wanted to  ;)
Sixteen thirty-two. What is that? A year?   No, it's your top score on Pole Position.

bmx xxx

I use a plasterers bath,
I've got one you can use,
I am in London?
Any good to you?
Gary

griff

I use a plasterers bath,
I've got one you can use,
I am in London?
Any good to you?
Gary

have sent you a PM sir  :daumenhoch:

1mancity2

Use a wheelie bin  :daumenhoch:

griff

hopefully sorted now thanks to gary BMX XXX

but thanks for the other ideas, some good ones in there

dordy that sounds like a great, practical approach but I'm better at riding bowls than carpentry (just to give you an idea of how bad I am with a hammer)

mr ace - already thought of paddling pool, but trying to avoid a 'you've been framed'-type disaster involving a big wobbly container of acid, can't be bothered to buy citric acid now I already have the oxalic, but sounds like a nice drink (is that how iron brew was invented?)

and finally, mr 1mancity2 - wheelie bins are for CATS

will let you all know how I get on!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  need a long (3ft) shallow bath or tray (to make oxalic acid bath)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx