gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 10:01 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mystery Machine £50 build Final installment( or so i thought more added)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mystery Machine £50 build Final installment( or so i thought more added)  (Read 1631 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
thank fook for that,   i think will be the general opinion   :LolLolLolLol:

so old posts first

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=111943.0

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=122528.0

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=123024.0

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=123827.0

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=126238.0

after a roll a round the Mx 1000 failed, snapped the bolt off at the frame so into the spares box ,   a  set of 860's lurking in the bottom , now there's a pair of em so why not bung em on they were black so usuall score , sure you know it by now caustic , not too bad after so just a quick rub over with peek not gone for the buffer treatment on these although might do it later on , just buff up the rusty bits but only till there clean not shiney

all finnished and mounted, the front brake cable was what was cut of the rear and an inner out of the spares so no additional fundage needed  :daumenhoch:

i never realy got on with MX122 or the other one from the spares but i did have a pair that were unused, black with shiney levers , again given the same treatment , nice size and don't flex like the old MX ones

to the final costings and final pics ??   there's a reason for the ??   :LolLolLolLol:

one,  ?,   is for the pics,    some of you commented before you prefered the spokey dokeys so i'll add some spokey pics when i get round to swapping em
the other one is a little more serious

at the end of the last post i said it might need a set of frame pads just to tidy it up a bit so started to mock up a few of my own most were just rubbish  :crazy2: :crazy2:   :LolLolLolLol: some were actually too nice didn't look cheap enough if you get what i mean

so found some on tinter web for £6.99  actually looked like the sort of pad that would come on a low end bike, result  :daumenhoch: i had decided to leave the bike with tuffs on, bit of tinkering to sort out those stupid axles,    but here is where the question mark comes into play i'd forgotten that i'd had to buy an additional set of tuff pads as it now had a front brake , so the final cost before i ordered the pads was £40.50 + £7.98 for tuff pads total

£48.48   :LolLolLolLol:    think that might be a resonable name for the bike   :LolLolLolLol:

so finnished and under budget chuffed to bits, :4_17_5:  done it  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

then with the cost of the pads it come in at £55.47   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(   :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:  FAILIURE !!!   :LolLolLolLol:   still us brits love a loser dont we  :Great_Britain: :daumenhoch: just over 10% of the budget acceptable in todays economy  ;) ;)  ;D cheers and oppologies  :)

pics of the failed project  :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:59 AM by oldtired »

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Mystery Machine £50 build Final installment
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 01:47 PM »
cracking build  :4_17_5: botm ?

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:24 PM »
if there was a posotm i might bung it in there , wouldn't dream of discracing the real botm  ;D

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 04:27 PM »
loved this project and its progress from the beginning, youve done a cracking job, and those pads really do the biz. great job

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:27 PM »
turned out nice again :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
sorry to bump this up to the top again chaps but i think this deserves it

Radster Jaymz has bunged us this on pm just when i though the work was done he's given me a bit more to get on with  :daumenhoch:   decal mock up  :daumenhoch:    got to say i love them  :smitten: :smitten:   brilliant  nice one Jay  :-* :-*

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
nowt wrong with that  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:

griff

my £50 still waiting (prefer bikes without pads so for me you still managed to stay under budget)
I'll even let you keep the change to spend on mojos and foam shrimps  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Mystery Machine £50 build Final installment( or so i thought more added)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx