gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 29, 2024, 11:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Vincent Airzone Freestyler - Got One!! (PICTURES)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Vincent Airzone Freestyler - Got One!! (PICTURES)  (Read 9751 times)

punkdSICO

Vincent Airzone Freestyler - Got One!! (PICTURES)
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:19 PM »
Wooooooh!!!  FINALLY got myself a Vincent Airzone Freestyler, complete with Paul Hudson bars:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/220795223215

I think its a great price (£400 delivered).

This listing is actually one that did not complete and I missed from about a month ago.  I have been chatting with the seller for a few days and it all sounds nice and minty..

There is something so sexy about these quirky English freestylers.  I spent my childhood dreaming of Haro FSTs but now, sure I would love a Haro, but the likes of DP and Vincent freestylers, they just make me feel all "English", in a Cucumber sandwiches[E.coli!!]/Sex Pistol/dogging sort of fashion..

God Save the Queen!

Paul
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:59 PM by punkdSICO »

Offline Badbaldie

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Vincent Airzone Freestyler - Got One!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:56 PM »
good score  :daumenhoch:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 12:20 AM »
as above and nice being chrome whats the other bits on it  :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:41 AM »

Not a massive freestyle fan but that looks v-nice  ;)

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:58 AM »
That looks lovely, prefer these in chrome to painted.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 09:08 AM »
fair do's paul at the rate your buying up stuff you're going to give darren a run for his money soon!!!!

Love the airzone frames, been watching the progress on facebook of the new ones being built, would love one but i bet £££££'s are going to be high on them

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32 PM »
nice pukka bars to

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 08:38 PM »
Looks like you have a great deal there :daumenhoch:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Has it arrived yet Paul?

punkdSICO

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 01:07 PM »
Has it arrived yet Paul?
Hehe - just got message that it arrive 1 hour ago.  I have deliberately ignored a few of the above posts as I don’t have answer yet.  The seller was a little difficult to communicate with (nice guy though).  For example, he explained in 2 long paragraphs why he was too busy to take more pictures or even list the bike's components but in the next sentence he offers to strip the bike back to just the frame and list that on eBay with our agreed BIN price.

So tonight I will know if I have just spent 400squid on a turkey..

I'll post more tonight!!

Ta,

Paul

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 03:14 PM »
Has it arrived yet Paul?
Hehe - just got message that it arrive 1 hour ago.  I have deliberately ignored a few of the above posts as I don’t have answer yet.  The seller was a little difficult to communicate with (nice guy though).  For example, he explained in 2 long paragraphs why he was too busy to take more pictures or even list the bike's components but in the next sentence he offers to strip the bike back to just the frame and list that on eBay with our agreed BIN price.

So tonight I will know if I have just spent 400squid on a turkey..

I'll post more tonight!!

Ta,

Paul

HaHa, look forward to tonights update. Got a feeling I'm gonna really like this bike!  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 03:21 PM »
Cant wait for the update either :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

Re: Vincent Airzone Freestyler - Got One!! (PICTURES)
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Got the bike.  Very sexy!!  Frame has verly probably been re-chromed; either that or it has been in space for the last 28 years.  Paul Hudson bars are livable (quite heavy though!) but Im going to a chrome company on sat so will drop these in also as a bit of pitting.

The guy was obviously less than honest and deliberately would not tell me the component set (as mentioned).  Most of the components, to my inexperienced eye, look like they are new school and not very good at that.  He did say the breaks were copies any you can kind of tell - they look more flimsy than normal Dia Comp stuff.  Shame he took this approach as I would have still ripped his arm off for the bike at his price.

hmmmm..  Nice head clamp  :2funny:  Is this as shite as I imagine?

Paul Hudson bars.  Going to get this re-chromed at the weekend as they have a bit of potting.

hmmm.  Nice pedals  :uglystupid2:  Will replace one day..

Wheels look very cheap..

Super pleased - I wanted a rider that also gave me a semi..  I think this, with a few replacements, will be exactly what I was looking for..

Feel free to advise on what bits need burning..

ta,

Paul

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 10:16 PM »

I wanted a rider that also gave me a semi..

Your such a wrong'un.  ::) :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31 PM »
Looks Well...   Better than I would have expected for the money.  The Frame and forks looks so Sweet  :smitten: :smitten:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 10:47 PM »
Paul - see it this way mate... people will pay £350 for a nice DP frame... and theres still loads around.

These Vincents are pretty rare bud and you could have paid £400 for the frame alone... so you've got a few bits to sell as you improve them... bars are nice to have as well mate... I think you've got a real nice bike there  :smitten: :smitten:

I wouldn't worry about rechroming stuff yet... GET OUT THERE AND RIDE IT  8)
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 10:50 PM »

I'll second that, nice having a resto bike but survivor is a good look!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 10:55 PM »
looks great fella

and remember before plunging back into the pot. Pitting is personality, bikes need a few bits of roughness, keeps them on the streets and not the carpet

punkdSICO

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2011, 09:00 AM »
Paul - see it this way mate... people will pay £350 for a nice DP frame... and theres still loads around.
Hehe - yeah, DPs do seem quite common.  I mean, Im a newbie and I have 2 :)

These Vincents are pretty rare bud and you could have paid £400 for the frame alone…
Not too sure about that.  Yes, they are super rare but they also don’t seem to shift.  Someone in here was selling a white one for 250 and it did not budge.  Last I saw was it was on ebay for 230 BIN and again, did not sell.

Even mine was original up with a starting price of 300 without any interest, and this was the complete bike.

But the more I think about it, the more I think that my Vincent should not be a rider, certainly not a hard rider..  It's rarity means I may have to make it into yet another non-rider :(  Still, this will leave me with two riders so that is cool..
[/quote]

I know what you are saying but I cant help it..  Im intending to go to South End on Sea tomorrow to deliver the frame (and the Paul Hudson bars).

Hey ho..

Paul

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06 AM »
The only rule that really matters on this site is that YOU DO WHAT YOU WANT.

Everything else is just opinions ... which we all know...are like arseholes.

Vincents have been bubbling under for a bit but are a great investment - DPs have that link to childhood as there was so many about BITD so they are in demand. Your Vincent is something different - you may well be right on the price though... I'd love that Vincent  :Great_Britain: will be a top bike when you are done.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 07:10 PM »
I know what you are saying but I cant help it..  Im intending to go to South End on Sea tomorrow to deliver the frame (and the Paul Hudson bars).

Hey ho..

Paul
[/quote]

Paul, please tell me your not taking it to Hockley Chrome? if you are stop and look elsewhere, they are shite and there turn around time is rubbish.  :angrysoapbox:

dan-dare

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Nice!!!  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

punkdSICO

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2011, 09:03 PM »
Paul, please tell me your not taking it to Hockley Chrome? if you are stop and look elsewhere, they are shite and there turn around time is rubbish.  :angrysoapbox:
Ah - errrmm, yes, I am taking to Hockley.  I saw a few good things about them in the Chrome'ing thread.  Did you have a bad experience with them?  On the phone, they sounded very open and frank.  They discussed us BMXers being fusy so they know what is expected etc etc.

Im leaving tomorrow morning at 10am so any info, preferrably tonight, will be very appreciated..

Regarding turnaround - they said approx 3 weeks.  Clearly I would like sooner but, if that is what it takes..

Concerned  :-[

Paul

griff

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2011, 11:21 PM »
that's a nice bike you've picked up there paul - deserves to be ridden  :daumenhoch:

if you're going to rechrome it might as well have some fun on it before you go and turn it into a carpet queen

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Ah - errrmm, yes, I am taking to Hockley.  I saw a few good things about them in the Chrome'ing thread.  Did you have a bad experience with them?  On the phone, they sounded very open and frank.  They discussed us BMXers being fusy so they know what is expected etc etc.

Im leaving tomorrow morning at 10am so any info, preferrably tonight, will be very appreciated..

Regarding turnaround - they said approx 3 weeks.  Clearly I would like sooner but, if that is what it takes..

Concerned  :-[

Paul
Just seen this reply so sorry if its to late, yeah I've used them a couple of times and both times the work has been sub standard and at least twice the time quoted for the work.

I wouldnt have very high expectations of the finish if I was you....

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Vincent Airzone Freestyler - Got One!! (PICTURES)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx