gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  28 tpi headache any help out there?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 28 tpi headache any help out there?  (Read 1384 times)

Threaders

28 tpi headache any help out there?
« on: June 01, 2011, 12:48 PM »
 Hi. Just getting to the stage when I can starts putting my latest GT build together, and everything was going sweet untill I tried putting the crank together. Its a mongoose, that I painted up due to the chrome being shot. Did a google search and it turns out I need either a 28 tpi schwinn bb or a Mongoose bb. Did a google search for Mongoose bb and it came up with an ebay listing for a mongoose bb ( a couple of months old) and it went for 83 quid :shocked: :shocked:
I have seen some on the bay in the states, but they are asking 17 quid for the bb and 20 quid postage!! Fook that.

is there Anyone on here that can help me out either with advice or parts?? Any help would be much appreciated thanks :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Re: 28 tpi headache any help out there?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 01:05 PM »
Welcome to every Mongoose-owner's nightmare bud.

Alan's used to sell them for £30 posted, but your best bet is ebay in the US and try for the alternative Schwinn part:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290516086747&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Hope you find one - they fit early Flight cranks so are sought after to be honest :-\

Spen
Still limping......

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Threaders

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Thanks guys. Looking at 24 pounds delivered  from the states. I have emailed bmx guru to see what postage charges will be on that one for $12.00 as that might be the cheapest. Might try and ring round some of the local bike shops, you never know :daumenhoch: I probably wont order one till the weekend, so if any one has one in the UK let me know. Cheers :daumenhoch:

Threaders

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 02:12 PM »
I have just been looking at that one on the bay and thought it would be the chapest option so far. I have to wait untill Monday when I get some money so will email you then and get your paypal details. If your shipping it from overseas, could you mark the package gift and state value at under 20 pounds if possible :daumenhoch:
Many thanks, Jonathan.

Threaders

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Cheers. Thats the one I was on about. I have sent him a message asking about postage, so see what he says. Ill let you know as it looks like its between your set and his unless someone in the UK has one. Thanks for all your help everyone who has replied so far :daumenhoch:

1mancity2

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 03:12 PM »
Just be careful some stated 28tpi don't fit the mongoose crank correctly (a bit loose) I have 3 stamped goose bb including cups and I'm sure I have a no name 28tpi (new) will see if it fits the goose crank tonight and you can have that for £12 posted bud  :daumenhoch: I would sell a goose one but its gonna be around the £30 mark

Threaders

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Mate, that would be fantastic if you could sort me out. Not bothered about the goose bb, just one that will fit will do me. Many thanks, Jonathan ;)

1mancity2

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Just checked bud.... and your in luck fits a treat  :daumenhoch: pm on its way

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 06:10 PM »
give justin a shout (porkchopz)he has these prety cheap

Threaders

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 06:57 PM »
Thanks guys. Might be sorted now thanks to 1mancity2 depending if he can wait a few days for the money. I did try pork chop, but he had none listed on his site. The other option was for the sunlite one listed on the bay. I found one seller who would sell it for $12 and then charge $11.50 for postage working out at about 12 quid.
Thanks for turning a headache into a rad experience once again. cheers, Jonathan :daumenhoch:

1mancity2

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2011, 08:32 PM »
All yours J, just give me a shout when your rdy  :daumenhoch:

Threaders

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2011, 08:34 PM »
Appreciate that, will be in touch Monday. Nice one, Jonathan :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  28 tpi headache any help out there?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx