gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Not for the purists - an MRD Badlander with a twist........ UPDATE 2/06/2011
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Not for the purists - an MRD Badlander with a twist........ UPDATE 2/06/2011  (Read 11433 times)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Re: Not for the purists - an MRD Badlander with spokes........
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 07:00 PM »
 :smitten:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
So it's had a few tweaks, and from first glance it looks normal but then you look closer and it hits you that it's a bit odd......  :shocked:

Custom built powerdisc with 110mm BCD only holes, 13T Oddysey freewheel and Porkchop blue 36T 110mm BCD chainring so all the ground / coping clearance you need, but in an old school styleeeee :daumenhoch:

What do you think ??? ???
Still limping......

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
BAD ASS-LANDER   :coolsmiley: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Clean

Boooo-ti-ful, Mr. 69!  :smitten:

Mixing it up as usual, I see!  :D

Loving the drivetrain innovation, mate!   :smitten:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Love it Spen...LOVE IT.

Not gonna make the next Boardroom night but I hope you smash the shitts out of Mt. Etna with that puppy.  >:D

Are you not into Potts Mods? running a hollow stem bolt would clean up the front end for my money.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Rodgy1970

like it   :coolsmiley:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Cheers lads for the comments. Honestly, from a distance you can't tell it's running a 36-13. It's got a custom-made powerdisc that PeterJ had CNC cut to fit a 19mm spindle and just big enough to reach 110mm BCD as it misses the chain on the 36T chainring by 2mm! I wanted to go down to 34-13 but would have had to re-machine the powerdisc and have a road bike chainring annodised as I couldn't find a blue 34T 110mm BCD anywhere, so a step too far really.

Ed, as long as my flight isn't delayed home I will be at the boardroom on it on the 11th, but as for mounting some lass called Edna, I'll have to pass as I'm happily married ;-D

Also, potts mods are no use on a 901 and you can't run a 901 on the rear of a Badlander due to the footstand, so I need another blue FS880 caliper....... like about 20 other people, so not likely to happen in my lifetime! :-(
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:34 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
I'm just glad you kept the Radical Rick stickers on the top tube Spen  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
looks cool with spokes  :daumenhoch:

griff

I like the clear grips  :)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:

Do you also like pain John :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :2funny:

I was just gonna run some double-sided tape and be hard. Or alternatively I was waiting for one of you fookas to find a set of blue Ami Rounds or Tris in your box of bits as per my wanted / trade adds......... ???

Spen

ps - Del, Rick is staying on there bud as he protects the frame from cable rub and I couldn't take the last bit of green off her :smitten:
Still limping......

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

Fook me when did you get this ?  :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:

Show's how often I come in the freestyle section  :2funny:

Looks tidy that Spen mate - is this the new ramp rat then ? You ditching the old dear that tried to kill you then  :'(

Think I quite like it with the green bits on  :-\

:daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

griff

Do you also like pain John :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :2funny:

;D FFS you could have had a bunch of them sent over from porkchop by now
if I'd have known in advance could have added a pair to my last order for you (haven't found anywhere cheaper at 7 dollars)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Looks tidy that Spen mate - is this the new ramp rat then ? You ditching the old dear that tried to kill you then

Johnny Goose, it's been a long time for sure bud! I've had a new school (the pink prowler that Jaymz now has) since you last saw the "old dear" and I'm currently riding around on my Haro Sport at our regular Leicester meets. My Haro Gen Zero is not retired, it's just a bit unstable over the jump-box and I wanted a 19.25" TT oldschool bike with a slightly shorter rear triangle after trying an 18.5" and a 21" TT, so the Badlander was exactly what i was after.

I got this one off Del about three months ago and have just been getting the parts sorted slowly and researching how to make the gearing still look old school. Put this together as I wanted to get a bit more coping clearance but wanted to still ride old school, so that's why it's running a 13T freewheel and a custom made spider and 36T chainring. Heaven't ridden it yet, but as soon as I get a set of grips and the wheels final tensioned from my LBS it will be getting 70+PSI in the tyres and I'm gonna brave a set of ramps on a pair of Araya 7X's :idiot2:

If you like the green parts, just wait till you see Darren KAP's white Badlander - he's also posted his first re-jig of parts on here, but I know he's due to do some more changes very soon as he bought all my green bits :coolsmiley:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=126249.0

See you soon bud

Spen

ps - Griff, I'll just tag a set onto my order from Alan's and they'll be the same kinda cost as it's free post and only £7.99 for Ami Rounds :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:49 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
I like the new school pointy-uppy seat thang you got going there Spen  :coolsmiley:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Not for the purists - an MRD Badlander with a twist........ UPDATE 2/06/2011

gfxgfx
gfx gfx