gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  I want a bike, anyone in here help?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: I want a bike, anyone in here help?  (Read 1639 times)

austin

I want a bike, anyone in here help?
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Been looking to buy a bike for couple of months now but not having much luck and notice there's quite a few in here that have loads of them, anyone got anything they want to sell?
After a complete bike as don't have time to build one up at the moment. Want something old school and got budget of £500, any offers?

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: I want a bike, anyone in here help?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 12:42 PM »
Put an ad up in the wanted section. I'm sure you'll get loads of offers  :daumenhoch:

austin

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 03:24 PM »
yeah have put an ad in there also, thought one in here too might get seen by extra people?

Clean

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 04:09 PM »
Austin,

YGPM.  :daumenhoch:

Clean!

oldschoolrider

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:28 PM »
I find it strange that someone hasn't got a spare couple of hours to build their own bike. If you haven't got a spare couple of hours for that, how much time do you plan on going riding? Just get yourself on e-bay and get the parts you need. I did the same and was able to build up a NOS Skyway Streetbeat for what your willing to spend.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:55 PM »
got a race bike if you want one?  ???

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 05:29 PM »
Yep, £200 for a decent f&f, £60 for new sealed Tuffs, £90 for a set of Twin-Pinch Redline Flights, £50 bars & stem, £20 for Chaz & Dave skinwall tyres, £50 brakes, £15 pedals and £25 saddle... £510 and it's a decent first build.

Or up the money a ton and buy something really good...
Still limping......

punkdSICO

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 07:10 PM »
Yep, £200 for a decent f&f, £60 for new sealed Tuffs, £90 for a set of Twin-Pinch Redline Flights, £50 bars & stem, £20 for Chaz & Dave skinwall tyres, £50 brakes, £15 pedals and £25 saddle... £510 and it's a decent first build.

Sure, 200 gets a decent f&f but you can also go cheaper and still get a lot of great options..  For example, I got a box and new Aero Reflex f&f for £90 2 weeks ago.

ta,

Paul

austin

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 12:58 PM »
I find it strange that someone hasn't got a spare couple of hours to build their own bike. If you haven't got a spare couple of hours for that, how much time do you plan on going riding? Just get yourself on e-bay and get the parts you need. I did the same and was able to build up a NOS Skyway Streetbeat for what your willing to spend.

Not really the time to put it together that's the problem, more the time to source all the bits I'd need. Don't have the knowledge at the mo to really know what parts would be period correct etc so figured it'd be easier to get a complete bike I can ride straight away and then probably build my own in slow time.

austin

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 12:59 PM »

Would another ton really make that much difference?

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 01:29 PM »
Yep, you'd bag a mid to late 80's Haro Sport for that kinda cash.

I accept the £90 Aero Reflex is a good start but I know loads of people who've bought one, wasted loads on good bits for it and sold the f&f for something better after riding them once or twice as they're too short. Just buy something better first time for a bit more money and you can actually ride your new toy and enjoy it instead of just looking at it!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:44 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  I want a bike, anyone in here help?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx