gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975662 Posts in 138930 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 15, 2024, 03:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone ever used this on chrome ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone ever used this on chrome ???  (Read 420 times)

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Anyone ever used this on chrome ???
« on: May 20, 2011, 10:58 AM »
Everyone seems to use peek, but was wondering if anyone had used this stuff  ???
Seem to get some good reviews etc on the web  :coolsmiley: Just wondering if anyone on here had used it?

http://www.autopia.org/reviews/productDetail.html?product=meguiars_nxt_generation_all_metal_polysh&vendor=meguiars

Cheers
Al

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone ever used this on chrome ???
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 11:40 AM »
Yep, I used on my Robinson RSR after the OA bath; it's not too agressive and brings up chrome pretty well.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Yep, I used on my Robinson RSR after the OA bath; it's not too agressive and brings up chrome pretty well.

:coolsmiley: Did it leave any protective layer over theframe after...the reason i ask is i need to polish up before the candy laqour goes over the top again...but i dont know if the protective layer would react with the laqour or dull the finish  :-\

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 11:49 AM »

:coolsmiley: Did it leave any protective layer over theframe after...the reason i ask is i need to polish up before the candy laqour goes over the top again...but i dont know if the protective layer would react with the laqour or dull the finish  :-\

They claim it does, whether it actually does I don't know but I would think a wipe over with pre-paint would remove it and still leave it shiney; is this for the CW?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 11:52 AM »

They claim it does, whether it actually does I don't know but I would think a wipe over with pre-paint would remove it and still leave it shiney; is this for the CW?

Yeah it is marty, gonna try and remove some of those marks  >:(

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 04:26 PM »
So can anyone tell me wot will remove fine scotch pad marks form chrome???

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 07:23 PM »
when i used peek on those forks to show how they could come up, at the end i used a jay cloth and water and rubbed in peek into the cloth and a drop more water so it was wet but not dripping wet - then just gentle rub in lines down the tubing

i would test the method on some thing else before you try on the frame - the answer in to go gently

don't know if this helps mate  ;) pm me if you want to call me about it and further details or even coming to see you at work as i need to sort my laptop out in farnham

cheers B  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Jamroll

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 08:32 PM »
when i used peek on those forks to show how they could come up, at the end i used a jay cloth and water and rubbed in peek into the cloth and a drop more water so it was wet but not dripping wet - then just gentle rub in lines down the tubing

i would test the method on some thing else before you try on the frame - the answer in to go gently

don't know if this helps mate  ;) pm me if you want to call me about it and further details or even coming to see you at work as i need to sort my laptop out in farnham

cheers B  ;)

PM sent dude  ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone ever used this on chrome ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx