gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 06:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  New Skate Park - Newbury, Berkshire (pics)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Skate Park - Newbury, Berkshire (pics)  (Read 15488 times)

punkdSICO

New Skate Park - Newbury, Berkshire (pics)
« on: May 22, 2011, 08:29 PM »
Hi all - I had to visit Newbury in Berkshire this weekend and popped along to their old town centre Skate Park (Victoria Park) only to discuover that they have flattened it but, are almost complete on a new super-duper new park.  Looks pretty hot.  Anyone know when it is opening?

Paul

SaMAlex

Re: New Skate Park - Newbury, Berkshire (pics)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:47 PM »
Ive been waiting for this for about 6 months. Its just up the A34 from my work, almost do-able in a "long lunch".  Cant be long now, few weeks?

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Ive been waiting for this for about 6 months. Its just up the A34 from my work, almost do-able in a "long lunch".  Cant be long now, few weeks?
Long lunch, I can see it now!
Alex walking out the door at 12-30 saying "I'm going now I maybe sometime"

punkdSICO

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Cant be long now, few weeks?
Yeah, Im not sure.  There were no builders around on Saturday (not surprising) so assuming it is still actively being worked on, and they are not working at "English Builder Speed", maybe a month..  Hopefully before the summer ends..

Paul

part time

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:41 AM »
The opening date looks set to be 17th June (provisionally) according to the Facebook page (tried to link it, didn't work).

griff

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 01:03 PM »
nice one Paul - that's not too far from me  :daumenhoch:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Zoooooooooooooommmmm! That looks fun.

part time

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 08:18 AM »
There's some quality 'scooter beef'/'someone who's carved their name into the concrete' witch hunt going down on the Facebook group.  ;D

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 09:57 AM »
How is the park coming along? Its gotta be finished soon, right?

part time

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 10:21 AM »
All the bowls/banks etc are in and it looks like it's just the flat bottom sections of concrete and the rail(s) welding to be done from my untrained eye.  But then i'm not a concrete engineer or anything.  The landscaping is being done around the edges too, so i'm guessing it isn't far off completion.
According to the FB page though a whole section has to be re-done as some scooter riding scrote has carved his name into the concrete before it went off.

part time

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2011, 10:28 AM »
Latest is that it should be open this week sometime (pending a ROSPA sign off).
The scooter ban debate still rages on....nice sign!!  :LolLolLolLol:

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 10:32 AM by part time »

punkdSICO

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 11:15 AM »
Latest is that it should be open this week sometime (pending a ROSPA sign off).
The scooter ban debate still rages on....nice sign!!  :LolLolLolLol:

Cool!!  Not sure when I will be next down there as I tend to only go to Newbury once a year but maybe ill make more of an effort now..

Apart from being tw@s, why do they want to ban scooters?  If they really want to ban tw@s, why have they not extended it so skateboards?

:D

Paul

part time

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 11:18 AM »
Apparently it's because they run too low between the wheels and carve up all the edges (not the coping, just the edges between sections of park).

JT71

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 12:20 PM »
its a free park open to the public.

scooters are going to ride there. fact.

seems a shame to try to ban them, those kids love to ride their scooters so why should they be banned from a public facility? If aluminium scooters carve up the edges then god knows what steel bmx pegs are going to do to the surface.

Trendy new school bmx kids with no brakes or belts will be out of control and crashing cos they can't stop.

Why can't they just put up a big sign that says "here's a new park. you know what to do. don't come trying to sue us if you get hurt. hope you have lots of fun!"

SaMAlex

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 12:36 PM »
If aluminium scooters carve up the edges then god knows what steel bmx pegs are going to do to the surface.

They say its not the "grindable edges" (that have metal on them) its places where scooters ground out, on roll overs and such.

Trendy new school bmx kids with no brakes or belts will be out of control and crashing cos they can't stop.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

punkdSICO

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 02:19 PM »
I don’t think it is fair to assume that someone is a nob just because they ride a bike with no brakes and, wears trousers with no belts..

;)

Paul

JT71

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 03:23 PM »
I don’t think it is fair to assume that someone is a nob just because they ride a bike with no brakes and, wears trousers with no belts..

;)

Paul

try not to put words into my mouth. I didn't call anyone a nob. and if i did i'd have called them knobs. or more likely c*nts.

I'm not assuming anything, I'm just saying if you ban scooters for fokking up the park, then why not ban brakeless bikes for being dangerous, and skaters for possibly, maybe running their skateboards into peoples ankles.

the belts thing wasn't important, it was just to get a cheap laugh. it worked. :)

punkdSICO

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 03:53 PM »
try not to put words into my mouth. I didn't call anyone a nob. and if i did i'd have called them knobs. or more likely c*nts.
Hey JT - for sure, I did not read your words as calling anyone a nob, rather, I was just trying to take your humour a bit further.  :)

the belts thing wasn't important, it was just to get a cheap laugh. it worked. :)
Yes, made me laugh  ;D

"I socalize in Hackney or Bow I wear my trousers ridiculiously low"

Ta,

Paul

ukoldschool

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 11:29 AM »
Apart from being tw@s, why do they want to ban scooters?  If they really want to ban tw@s, why have they not extended it so skateboards?

hmmm bans Skateboarders form a Skatepark?  :idiot2:

stuartD

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 11:05 AM »
Does seem completley stupid to ban scooter riders, There are loads of the little buggers round my way , but most of them seem to end up moving up to BMS's when they get a bit older .. I'm sure thier parents all pay council tax so what right does the council have to say who can and who can't use a public facility ! (red tape encrusted C**Ts)..

rant over

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 01:13 PM »
Fcuk scooters!

They should be gathered up and burnt

Do the kids not realise how shit bmx tricks look on the stoopid things, not to mention what a nob they look riding em!

All the parks in cornwall are infested with em, no manners or etiquette... Get outa my fooking way... Grrr!

:2gunsfiring_v1:

2 minutes turkish...

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 01:31 PM »
You're so old
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 02:33 PM »
cool will have to check the park out soon

southsea suffers badly with scooters, its not so much the older kids its the young ones who dont look where there going or sit/stand on the edge of the ramps and have no knowledge of skatepark etiquette

a quick front wheel/peg to the head and they soon learn :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

was the same with inliner's back in the 90's when it became big

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 08:15 PM »
I went there again this morning, it was pretty fun. It is a small park and most of the trannys are tight (hoho) but there are some nice lines. Pretty hard going when its busy tho.

Nana

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 07:39 PM »
Man that first pic those banks look really really vert........ ??? 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  New Skate Park - Newbury, Berkshire (pics)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx