gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 10:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Gate Sessions at Leeds Fearnville/Yeadon
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Gate Sessions at Leeds Fearnville/Yeadon  (Read 1668 times)

cantjumpfortoffee

Gate Sessions at Leeds Fearnville/Yeadon
« on: May 04, 2011, 10:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me if Leeds Bmx run gate sessions at Yeadon/Fearnville tracks. If they do when is it.

Googled LeedsBmx but just got a home page and nothing else. Their site might not be compatable with the iPhone though so that might be why I cant get the info.

Cheers,

G

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Re: Gate Sessions at Leeds Fearnville/Yeadon
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23 PM »
They occasionally have Sunday lunchtime gates at Fearnville. They used to do regular gates at Yeadon midweek but stopped. AFAIK there are problems at Yeadon due to a complaining resident. Also their website isn't maintained with information. Others may know more than me.
Lack of activity and communication from Leeds made it a no-brainer for me to go to regular club races and practices at Bradford, even though Yeadon's my nearest track.

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:35 AM »
Cheers for the info Jon. I ve been down to Fearnville last week. Its a nice place shame its not a bit more organised but given the time people put in for free to coaching/gates its no suprise. Fearnville is more convenient but Bradford is only 30 mins from work.

I m going to Bradford tonight for a spin round. Doing my first race for 25 years at the Bradford regional as a novice so need as much practice as poss.

Cheers,

Glenn

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 10:39 AM »
BTW

Used to play bass myself for many years. The musicman sterling sits in the corner stringless and crying these days.

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 12:30 PM »
met up with a guy called rich down at fearnville on wed night. he said fearnville gates were on thursdays but its a bit ad hoc coz the numbers aren t huge.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Rich Chambley, cruiser dude ???
Glenn, if you ever want me to look after that Sterling on long term loan then I'll be happy to help  >:D

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 01:23 PM »
still got the bass but need the green spandex pants before i can play it again. ;)

aye it was rich on a haro cruiser that i met whilst skiving at fearnville.

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 01:36 PM »
might be looking for a cruiser for myself to ride 40-45 age group. need to get rid of a redline bubba harris flight pro xl 20 inch first or i ll be getting a divorce. too many toys.....

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2011, 02:01 PM »
might be looking for a cruiser for myself to ride 40-45 age group. need to get rid of a redline bubba harris flight pro xl 20 inch first or i ll be getting a divorce. too many toys.....

Here's a tip - my Haro OS 20" and the Falcon Pro OS 24" that me and my dad built both live at my mum & dad's house. That means I have less bikes and less grief at home. Also the Trek croozer that we use as a play bike nominally belongs to the missus, so less pressure on me again.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Gate Sessions at Leeds Fearnville/Yeadon

gfxgfx
gfx gfx