gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 05:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A dedicated area of the site for recent builds ? PLEASE VOTE !!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A dedicated area of the site for recent builds ? PLEASE VOTE !!!  (Read 5223 times)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

Had this discussion a few times with a few people now and it's been suggested a few times in the ideas section as well.

Should we have a section just for recent builds ?

Now before those who don't like the idea say "oh yeah just what we need.... more sections"  ::) just look at how quickly some awesome builds get dropped off page 1 of tech n resto. Glynn's Team Rampar for one example - a stunning build that took a long time to source the right parts for and get spot on and yet it's bumped off page 1 by a few "What do I use to polish my frame ?" "What's a tyre ?" type posts, now don't get me wrong tech n resto is the place for such questions for those in fear of the search button but should it really be at the expense of the builds ?  :-\ Most people don't look past page 1 or 2 of tech n resto and then the builds are as good as gone  :(

Yes there's the museum and me n my bikes but they are comment free zones for other members and a lot of people just post their build up in tech n resto not the museum or me n my bikes. And some members post builds in Old School Race and they often get overlooked by members who don't visit that section.

But hey it's a member's site so it's a member's decision - PLEASE VOTE  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

In2 bmx

Great idea .  :daumenhoch:

monkian

Yep, lets have it :daumenhoch:

m1ke

good idea this   8)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
I agree stuff drops off 2 early and peeps miss out on seeing some great bikes  ;)

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Voted for it John , good idea imo but you already knew that  ;D

It should keep all the new builds together , instead of some being posted in 'old school race/ freestyle and 'chat' etc
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
great idea  8)

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
 :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

Will it be split in sections?
Don't want to look at modern bikes or have to trawl through new school stuff.
 8)

Offline Macmania

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:

It should keep all the new builds together , instead of some being posted in 'old school race/ freestyle and 'chat' etc

Great idea John and I completely agree with Joff  :daumenhoch:

Maybe if the year (or estimated year of manufacture etc) was put in the title it would save the need for sections ?  :-\
Wanted: Anything MT Racing

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
Like it, you got my vote  :daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
A yes vote from moi  :daumenhoch:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Yep needs it, i never know where to sling the topic, it's either chat, tech and resto or old school race bikes. Far too many choices. A designated area will solve that problem.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
cracking idea, hope it happens :daumenhoch:

spyderpit13

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Will it be split in sections?
Don't want to look at modern bikes or have to trawl through new school stuff.
 8)

I love the new stuff, don't knock it till you've tried it...  ;)

Threads take months to drop off page 1 in the new school sections so all's good there...  :daumenhoch:

How about some sticky topics that will save a lot of regular questions

How to fit a bb/cranks

How to fit a headset

How to set up a brake

Why does no one like my Elina ul?

Why won't my 25 year old brake with an ancient elastic band brake cable stop my middle aged overweight body?....  ;D

Voted yes btw...  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:16 PM by Betty »
2 minutes turkish...

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

There's a whole sticky section at the top of the tech n resto page but by the looks of a lot of the topics in tech n resto not many people go in there  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:

There's a whole sticky section at the top of the tech n resto page but by the looks of a lot of the topics in tech n resto not many people go in there  :LolLolLolLol:

I know and still ask where a thread is when its right in front of em...  :D

2 minutes turkish...

In2 bmx

Just sort it out Fett .  And name and shame the 1 person that's saying no in the vote  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

name and shame the 1 person that's saying no in the vote  :LolLolLolLol:

It was me...... I can't be @rsed setting it up now - sounds like loads of work  :LolLolLolLol:

( kidding  ;) )

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Great idea. I notice they do this on ozbmx, it may be best to have it as a tech and restoration sub category like the stickies a bit like they have done as well. :coolsmiley:
Unlike the tech stickies the builds may get more activity.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:43 PM by glynnyboy »

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
Sounds like a  8) idea. I put my recent build in the Haro section as there was nowhere elso to put it.

You could section it into 10 year sections i.e 1980-1989, 1990 - 1999 year of manufacture etc. Just a suggestion  :daumenhoch:

Ppl could then post them in the relevent place so you wouldn't have to traul through different generations

I vote yay though  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

If it gets sub categorised it's going to be just like another version of the museum but based on era rather than manufacturer - that would miss the point really and Glynn I hear you on the sub board of tech n resto but I genuinely believe many members don't even realise there are such things as sub boards and scroll straight past the tech n resto stickies sub board every time !

The idea is just to have a section with all 20 thread slots of the first page showing the latest 20 builds and on page 2 the previous 20 before that etc. - nothing else just bikes in order of when they were finished purely so they hang around for longer for more people to catch them before they roll off into the abyss........

After that there's the museum or "me n my bikes" if you want to catch up with a specific brand or member  :)

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:

Good idea ,  i voted  :daumenhoch:
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A dedicated area of the site for recent builds ? PLEASE VOTE !!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx