gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:11 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A dedicated area of the site for recent builds ? PLEASE VOTE !!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A dedicated area of the site for recent builds ? PLEASE VOTE !!!  (Read 5215 times)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
I like the idea John, even though it will mean more work for the mods!!!!   ;)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
My home internet is down so gooseberried up and can't vote, but a big yes from me ;-)
Still limping......

sweetbeats

Betty I didn't knock New School.
Just don't want to trawl through a ton of new school bikes.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
I thought this is what the museum is for ??? Most recent is at the top of the first page. Maybe work on the museum section and make it more dynamic. If peeps put their new builds in the museum, me and my bikes, tech/chat/freestyle/racing etc and bike of the month too, how many more places do we really need?
ding dong

Online bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

As I said before the museum and "me n my bikes" are comment free sections so members do not have the chance to comment on the build.

Posting new builds for comment in one dedicated area rather than tech/chat/freestyle/racing etc would actually reduce the number of places you would have to look in to see the latest builds  :)

But it's up for the vote so lets see what people think over the next couple of weeks.

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline kungfunky

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
big yes from me, its great to see current styles and trends of old and new  :daumenhoch:
WANTED....FRED BLOOD QUADANGLE FRAME..

Offline Andy68

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
Yep!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
this weekend has been a perfect example as to why a new build section is needed..5 new builds which have nearly gone off the page, only a bit of shameless self posting has kept them on view >:D

waza04

great idea....... another yes vote.  :daumenhoch:

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
relly good idea - can't hurt to have this section  8)

museum is for the finish bike and the new section is for builds and more info than museum has  ;)

standard question in tech get things pushed down and forgotten

run with it  >:D
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

energiza

:daumenhoch:

trickydeno

top thought john  :daumenhoch:

Clean

Gets my vote, too!  :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
New builds can go in Bike of the month... where you can comment on them?

Or is BOTM not for 'lowly' builds.... what is a 'lowly' build?

When people ( like Robbo ) finish an Old School Freestyler they post it up in Old School Freestyle... theres enough sections for people to do that surely.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
but they get put up, people comment, they are seen, new stuff comes in and they go down the list. it would be no different in a dedicated section. as for comments, they only move down when the comments stop. just how much smoke can you blow up someone's arse :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:
You could keep it real simple like some peeps do and post a link to the original thread in the museum and BOTM thread.
you can have to many sections on a forum, it gets messy and strung out.
new builds are nice, but they are only new for a very short time :-\
ding dong

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
but they get put up, people comment, they are seen, new stuff comes in and they go down the list. it would be no different in a dedicated section. as for comments, they only move down when the comments stop. just how much smoke can you blow up someone's arse :shocked: :LolLolLolLol:
You could keep it real simple like some peeps do and post a link to the original thread in the museum and BOTM thread.
you can spend months  scourcing , restoring parts, a lot of time and money and the finished bike gets shown for a couple of days..whats the point
get rid of another section..the jumble sale for instance not much really gets sold on there..and it is a BMX site, as has been said when they are in the tech'n'resto section loads of questions are asked and new builds are lost

Online bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:

I agree that you can have too many sections and that's why it's up for the vote rather than just adding it in straight away  :)

But where should a recently finished build go without it ? Some chose Race / freestyle, others tech n resto, I've seen plenty posted in chat it' all over the place as it stands don't you think ?  ???

It's not about blowing smoke up anyone's @rse as you put it J.T.  -  it's about people seeing the bikes - that is what the old school section of the site is about after all..... the bikes  ??? Many people log on infrequently and have a quick look what's new and any new builds but they've already missed them............

Ed - comments often get removed in BOTM when the thread is cleaned up before voting mate, and lots of people don't enter BOTM  :-\

Anyways........ it's something to be decided by the members so use your vote  :)

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
you can spend months  scourcing , restoring parts, a lot of time and money and the finished bike gets shown for a couple of days..whats the point
get rid of another section..the jumble sale for instance not much really gets sold on there..and it is a BMX site, as has been said when they are in the tech'n'resto section loads of questions are asked and new builds are lost

your meant to build em for yourself and your own enjoyment. well at least that's why most do it. that's the point. ;)
ding dong

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
well wouldnt the site be a great place if nobody bothered to show any of their bikes

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
 voting closes june 7th  pffft  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
but people do show their bikes and they do enjoy the site.  :)
ding dong

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
just how much smoke can you blow up someone's arse :shocked: :LolLolLolLol: ut.

Never tried getting high like that? does it work? Anal Blowback anyone  ???
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Online bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
 :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
Never tried getting high like that? does it work? Anal Blowback anyone

Ed, Diggler or Dubber will be along in a bit and take you up on that I'm sure :shocked:
Still limping......

sweetbeats

Will it be split in sections?
Don't want to look at modern bikes or have to trawl through new school stuff.
 8)

All that old tat is the same anyway!
:P

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A dedicated area of the site for recent builds ? PLEASE VOTE !!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx