gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Bedlington Track Northumberland
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bedlington Track Northumberland  (Read 2573 times)

cantjumpfortoffee

Bedlington Track Northumberland
« on: May 13, 2011, 07:00 PM »

Now the track is up and running at Bedlington (near Newcastle) anyone know if they are gonna put a gate on it and start racing?

There's access, parking and some containers there so it could become a viable facility (no lights though).

Hopefully someone on here will have some info on it. Would seem a bit weird to spend £90k building it and then not set up a club there.

If anyone involved in the build/funding could give us a progress report that would be cool.

I would be happy to help out with establishing a club if that helps.

far too old

Re: Bedlington Track Northumberland
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:13 PM »
involved through work so know a little.

the park has a "friends of" group who are looking to establish a club. not sure what they have done yet but can probably put you in touch if you want. If you have time or knowledge they would dead pleased to hear from you.

they wanted a gate but they couldnt get one for the money they had (your estimate is a good bit more than they had and i think they were quoted £20k for a bensink supply an fit). its another job for the club when they get one going

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 07:21 PM »
cheers for that. glad someone got back to me eventually.  i go down to bedders once a week and it seems to be a dumping ground for plastic bottles and broken glass.

i d been told 10k by jack hall was what the gate would cost and the 90k was what was in the local media for the track build but who would believe what they say in the papers. ;)

it s only my opinion but it might be overkill to fit a bensink there at the moment. i can get all the civils and steelwork for a fraction of a 20k bensink and there would at least be a gate. add a tara, compressor and a piston and its a workable solution. not a bensink but useable.

i m more than happy to help out but i m returning to the sport after 25 years off so coaching would be out of the question. like the blind leading the partially sighted.

if you want to pm me the contact info that would be cool.

dan-dare

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 07:42 PM »
i m more than happy to help out but i m returning to the sport after 25 years off so coaching would be out of the question. like the blind leading the partially sighted.

Persons with even moderate ability can become coaches.  :2funny:

Vision is amongst one of the constructive qualities required.  ;)

Good luck with the track.  :daumenhoch:

bmxjobby

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 08:58 PM »
okay man, ill send you pm with details, need to check they want the help first but I expect its all good.

whats it like to ride? ive never actually dragged my bike up there from sunderland, too much else to ride here, so not had the pleasure yet.

your observations about the price and need for a gate are spot onte are spot on.

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 12:16 PM »
the track is pretty compact. i ride leeds , bradford and hartlepool regularly and its shorter than those. the exit of the berms at bedders are sketchy since it doesnt get brushed and gravel builds up. no huge jumps, all are a sensible size , technical 3rd 4th straights, tarmac berms. not jumped much there due to the winds we ve had.

i m no expert on tracks so take the above with a disclaimer. there are pics on bmxtalk forum.

its holding up well but it d be better looked after by a club. 

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 12:25 PM »
thanks for the positive vibes re coaching.

dan-dare

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 08:12 PM »
thanks for the positive vibes re coaching.

You're welcome. :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52 PM »
the track is pretty compact. i ride leeds , bradford and hartlepool regularly and its shorter than those. the exit of the berms at bedders are sketchy since it doesnt get brushed and gravel builds up. no huge jumps, all are a sensible size , technical 3rd 4th straights, tarmac berms. not jumped much there due to the winds we ve had.

i m no expert on tracks so take the above with a disclaimer. there are pics on bmxtalk forum.

its holding up well but it d be better looked after by a club. 

waddya ride at h/pool? just tryin to workout who you are

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 10:13 PM »
I think this is G racing at Bradford regional, number 911:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 10:18 PM »
its GREGG

go on fella

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 09:21 PM »
When I said regularly I meant as regularly as I've ridden the other tracks which is next to nowt. Bradford/Leeds are my skiving tracks when I'm supposed to be sat at home on call I'm actually at the track with me mobile in me pocket.

Where were you today Russ? Thought you might be out with the OUTKASTS at Crewe ( the track that snaps bikes) ;) That said it's a bit of a drive like.

Had to race off  Bren for the wooden spoon into the semi in Vets. Can't be doing with Novice anymore. I'd rather come last in a real race ;D

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 08:23 AM »
was good racin tho  :daumenhoch:

cantjumpfortoffee

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Aye was good racing. Was worth the day of p!ss taking off my brother for "riding a kids bike".

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Bedlington Track Northumberland

gfxgfx
gfx gfx