gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  The Pink Prowler KHE Zenith LT :: NOW WITH ACTION SHOTS ::
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Pink Prowler KHE Zenith LT :: NOW WITH ACTION SHOTS ::  (Read 7650 times)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
So Spen got a lot of stick for riding it, so dumb ass here bought it!!!!!!  :idiot2: actually I bloody love it, colour not so much, but its my first new school and it rides so sweet, only being 5'5" the low slung frame fits me a treat, although whats with these pretend seatposts, its just a stub!!!! Anyway, I've slapped on a set of Chas and Dave's which roll really nicely, not been over the park on it yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow while the kids are at school!! And Ive soprted out the headset, which turned out to be the topnut hitting the top of the forks and not tightening, so ive butchered the GT MTB in the shed and stolen a collar off that which ive put ontop of the stem as didnt want the stem above the top of the forks, will eventually nick 5mm off the top of the forks and take the collar out

Over to some pics

not too happy with the pedals on it, would like some blue alloy ones with some grip [any suggestions?] and would like a blue rear brake, got some odi bar ends to go in to stop me collecting crap in the bars

UPDATE

and here's the extra collar to push the stem down onto the headset

« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 08:14 PM by Jaymz »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: The Pink Prowler KHE Zenith LT
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57 PM »
I actually like the colour of it and think it looks sweet with the blue parts :daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:57 PM »
I would get it done proper pink sorta new school hutch hollywood-esque. :daumenhoch:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Jaymz, that's a result on the headset bud and goes to show how little I know about n/s but to be fair I didn't build it and about 5 others had a look at it at Blackpool when I brought it ;-)

Can't see the pics yet as I'm bored in a meeting and hence on my gayberry, but will look soon!
Still limping......

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 02:06 PM »
the one thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the chas front tyre is 2.25 wide, the biggest tyres iv ever run is 1.75, it looks really fat at the front i think

and yeah the colours not all that bad tbh, it certainly turns heads, the acid test is up the track, see if the cool kids riding sundays and subrosa's are accepting of it

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 02:12 PM »
I kinda like it as well  >:D

looks nice with the tan walls  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 02:17 PM »
Cheers all the feedback is good so far, not too much ribbing XD

UPDATE: Bar ends, new fork decals and shot of headset fix

and here's the extra collar to push the stem down onto the headset

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Those tyres are fookin' ace Jaymz - can I have it back now :LolLolLolLol:

Ride the fooka all summer bud then decide what to do with it over the winter in terms of colour. White with blue parts is a classic nod to the old-school, but black with blue or even blue with blue was where I was thinking when I first saw it :smitten:

Top stuff bud - glad you like it :daumenhoch:

Spen
Still limping......

gog

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 03:13 PM »
you can get a nice blue brake by either salt and thats cyan blue for about 25 i think winstanleys do them or ebay exposure do one for 14 quid ebay or there is eclat in blue lot more money though i have tried all three the salt stops on a sixpence the xposure is good for the money but change the pads as they squeel like a stuck pig and the quick release isnt easy if you can get the eclat for 30 quid they are really nice.dont chop your forks just buy a blue headset spacer 1 and an 8th good luck with the bike

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08 PM »
you can get a nice blue brake by either salt and thats cyan blue for about 25 i think winstanleys do them or ebay exposure do one for 14 quid ebay or there is eclat in blue lot more money though i have tried all three the salt stops on a sixpence the xposure is good for the money but change the pads as they squeel like a stuck pig and the quick release isnt easy if you can get the eclat for 30 quid they are really nice.dont chop your forks just buy a blue headset spacer 1 and an 8th good luck with the bike

alright gog, yeah the brakes did squeal like a pig being turned into bacon, the top layer of the pads had gone a bit hard, ive just sanded the very top layer off and they are silent now

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 08:14 PM »
White helmet is my lad, black helmet is me, unfortnately my lad doesnt have the greatest timing when taking photos, unlike his dad!!

and a friend of mine on my skip find a lead weighted mongoose villan!! This was his third visit to the track

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Re: The Pink Prowler KHE Zenith LT :: NOW WITH ACTION SHOTS ::
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 08:22 PM »
I reckon it looks pretty good mate , do like the tan walls on the new school bikes  :daumenhoch:

Good to see both your lad and yourself enjoying the track time  8)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 08:35 PM »
I reckon it looks pretty good mate , do like the tan walls on the new school bikes  :daumenhoch:

Good to see both your lad and yourself enjoying the track time  8)

we go as much as we can, usually wait till the soaps start then my mrs doesnt miss me and his my [my ex] doesnt realise he's done a bunk out the back door!!!!

And yeah had to go with the chas and dave combo tyres to add a little OS flavour to the bike.

And Jaymz Jnr loves the bike, Im going to have to see if I can find something around the same geometry and weight for him now otherwise im never going to get to ride my own bike

Offline Darren KAP

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 10:00 PM »

Jaymz  did you get the pink jump suit off Spen aswell ,    :LolLolLolLol:   bike looks sweet mate  :daumenhoch: looks well with the tan wall tyres
Life .......... Your here for a good time not a long time

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 01:25 PM »

Jaymz  did you get the pink jump suit off Spen aswell ,    :LolLolLolLol:   bike looks sweet mate  :daumenhoch: looks well with the tan wall tyres

I tried but he said since he's had it he's been making £700 a week extra working evenings  :crazy2:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 01:30 PM »
Behave yourself man - I don't get out of bed for less than £2k a week these days :LolLolLolLol:
Still limping......

1mancity2

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Looking at how that is and how it was in "gog's" gaff I have to say I may buy a new school for riding  :uglystupid2: on the headset you could just cut the steerer down and tap the starnut in a bit more if you don't want spacers  :daumenhoch:

On my MTB i ride with 2.5 tyres in winter and like you say when you get on a BMX it looks weird  :crazy2:

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Looking at how that is and how it was in "gog's" gaff I have to say I may buy a new school for riding  :uglystupid2: on the headset you could just cut the steerer down and tap the starnut in a bit more if you don't want spacers  :daumenhoch:

On my MTB i ride with 2.5 tyres in winter and like you say when you get on a BMX it looks weird  :crazy2:

you could cut the steerer down but its a bit of a bodge tbh, the spacers will do, its all tight, I think at some point the smaller collar had been removed from under them. and the stem is so tiny the top nut just met the top of the forks enough to tighten, then as the bearings wore a little, play set in and there was no more adjustment to tighten against

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2011, 05:18 PM »
don't cut the forks down, keep the spacer on. if you ever want to run a gyro it could be a pain once the forks have been cut.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  The Pink Prowler KHE Zenith LT :: NOW WITH ACTION SHOTS ::

gfxgfx
gfx gfx