gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 12:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ammaco Silverstar - Age and $$$!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ammaco Silverstar - Age and $$$!  (Read 3250 times)

ol-greg

Ammaco Silverstar - Age and $$$!
« on: May 14, 2006, 07:04 PM »
Hello people!

I have an Ammaco Silverstar that I had when I was a kid and wnated to see if anyone here knows what year the bike was sold and how valuable it is.  I also bought some Ammaco mag wheels on the bay and also wondered if they were worthless or not?  Any info on this frame/forks etc would be greatly apreciated!

heres the pics:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Ammaco Silverstar - Age and $$$!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 07:07 PM »

speak to stodgy he has a really good quality one that he paid £30 for

silentpartner

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 07:12 PM »
frame 84/85. worth in that condition  £15-£20. wheels look nice though around £35-£40

let me know if you want to part  with the wheels

alan  ;)

greentoad

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 07:37 PM »
Hi

This might help -

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=8474.0

Bottom picture on the first page - It was a fairly cheap bike £109.95. If it was my first bike i'd chrome / paint it and get it built up. When it's gone you'll only kick yourself.

You sure those wheels are Ammaco? They look like Acorn to me.

Hope this helps,

J.

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 07:44 PM »
to thick for acorns im sure they skyway type ones

greentoad

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Hi all

It's got me - mine are Acorn Freestyle and are the same wheels - http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=12527.0

If you look at the bikes in the adverts in the precious link they have OGK and the other mags have the reflector lugs in different places, but in the picture of these black ones, I think I can just make out the text Ammaco on a spoke.

Did Acorn make wheels for Ammaco then?

J.

ol-greg

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 11:06 PM »
hey guys, thanks for the great info again!

the wheels are defo ammaco as ae branded on the spoke like greentoad said.  definatley going to do her up but wasnt sure whether to go completely original or just do it up how i want it and be a bit creative  :P

i dont think i'd be able to get the stickers for this silverstar.  and with it being not such an expensive or desirable bike i'll just do it how i fancy!!

weston

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 11:10 PM »
to thick for acorns im sure they skyway type ones
ive sold some acorns same as that at bones last week fo a tenner...

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Hello mate - yep, I've got one of those (it was a bit more than £30 though Pete!).

It's in fantastic condition (almost NOS!) and ALL original apart from the tyres. All the stickers are good and the brake shoes, pads, seat and grips are all un-worn!

I was only going to let it go if I could find someone who had one as a kid (i.e. someone who would love it for sentimental reason), as they don't go for big money. So, let me know if you fancy it, as I can you let you have it for far less than it'll cost you to restore your one.

They sold in 1983 and were available in chrome with black, red or blue parts. They had a different gusset to the one in your pic though...they were normally like a mongoose style double gusset...

Anyhow, let me know dude - it's  a lovely little bike and I'd like it to go to a good home. Let me know if you'd like some more pics...the one above was from Epic where it appeared in the show n shine.

Cheers
Dave

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 03:35 PM »
the wheels are defo ammaco as ae branded on the spoke like greentoad said

Did Acorn make wheels for Ammaco then?

It appears so ???  :daumenhoch:

ol-greg

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Hey Stodgy.  It is a great little bike!  You've done well to pick that one up in such good nick!! 

As the frame was the one I had as a kid I think I'm going to fix her up and just ride it.  quite fancy getting the frame done in matt black and the forks and bars etc in chrome and stick the mags on it.  I have a couple of sticker sets but there the blue, red and white ones which wont go :(

i'll put her up here once my wallet allows me to finsh ;)

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 03:57 PM »
No worries Greg...just been hanging on to it for someone who had one...

Anyhow, sorting yours...I would go for a nice ammaco baby blue like this one...that way your stickers & mags will suit it - and it would look very nice indeed!

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=6939.msg26903#msg26903

Stay rad.

Dave

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ammaco Silverstar - Age and $$$!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx