gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975769 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 01:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  burner mag wheels are they any good ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: burner mag wheels are they any good ?  (Read 879 times)

m1ke

burner mag wheels are they any good ?
« on: April 20, 2011, 10:02 PM »
just been given a set of burner 5 spokes that seem in good condition bar needing new bearings and freewheel, but are they any good compared to skyways ?? just gonna use them for my retro daily if there half decent  ;D

this is said wheels

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
Re: burner mag wheels are they any good ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:53 PM »
Burner mags are not too bad - despite the volley of abuse you will see after this post  ;D

they are strong and rigid and with a clean and a regrease of the bearing should roll well on a rider

they are better than Bernadi's and simplex that some came on burner

skyways and ogk's are much better than burner mags in there design and build, bearings and as such

for a rider they will be fine - just check bearings and if there are any cracks  ;)

hope this helps  :daumenhoch:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

jeff spicoli

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:33 PM »
They are crap , bin em.

Offline Pooch

• Tail Whip
  • funny you should say that..
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:23 PM »
If free.. Then sweet.... ;)
Griff loves BUM..

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Burner mags are not too bad - despite the volley of abuse you will see after this post  ;D

they are strong and rigid and with a clean and a regrease of the bearing should roll well on a rider

they are better than Bernadi's and simplex that some came on burner

skyways and ogk's are much better than burner mags in there design and build, bearings and as such

for a rider they will be fine - just check bearings and if there are any cracks  ;)

hope this helps  :daumenhoch:

bendy soeaks the truth, Ive just sold a bike with a set if white Raleigh mags on, I cruised around all last summer and if id had an odemeter i probably had covered quite a few miles and my lad on quite a few occassions took them around around the track without any problems. So for a daily rider without masses of 'curb abuse' they are great, like bendy says better than simplex and bernardi ridden sensibly will last you a good long while and ofc if for free, ride them like you stole then

get some liquid black boot polish or some back to black on them and they will look the biz

StellaAtoiz

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 05:26 PM »
Better than Skyways in my opinion and come of course with the respected Raleigh heritage 8)

Rodgy1970

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 05:40 PM »
Better than you'd think, clean them up and whack them on   :daumenhoch:

Offline rick1970

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 05:57 PM »
would have looked even better if they hadnt snapped reflecters off  :LolLolLolLol:

m1ke

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 07:35 PM »
yeah they must of been done years ago as the lad who gave them to me said they were like that when he got them about 20yr ago  ;D gonna clean them up and find some new bearings for them, are they easy to get hold of tho ?? will be going on the haro zippo frame i got last week 8)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  burner mag wheels are they any good ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx