gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 02:45 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs  (Read 2974 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2011, 09:36 AM »
they are nice,  :daumenhoch:    is the "Retro 1982" part of the moulding or is it etched in the rim?  

i think its just the stamps mate that you can see on the second to last picture .these stamps can be very easy to make disapear with a bit of fine grade wet and dry paper so i fear that some unfortunate people will be getting stung on theif bay in the next 18 months or so with so called nos sets of these that will probasbly sell for £250+

I seriously doubt that especially given the alloy hubs have "Graphite" stamped in them and if you do some research (on Maurice Meyers site for example) they NEVER released them bitd with plain alloy, "Graphite" stamped hubs  :daumenhoch:

The info on Maurice's site is wrong then, as I have seen other Skyway Tuff Wheels with "Graphite" marked rear flanges on them.  I personally owned a set of white 24" Tuff Wheels marked like that as well.

I remember seeing anodised alloy hubs in coloured tuffs bitd, I have seen white and black wheels with blue hubs, white, black and yellow with red hubs, blue with blue and red hubs but I don't recall the hubs having Graphite stamped into them but it was a long time ago so I guess they could have.  

I do know of someone who bought some graphite flanges and had them fitted to plain black skyways (he had some rivets made up by a machine shop) and bitd you could get replacement graphite flanges from Skyway so who knows what has been done  :D.

I think the red one look pretty good and there are enough distinguishing features (or lack of) that can help to tell them apart from the OG stuff.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx