gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975623 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 24, 2024, 02:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs  (Read 2973 times)

punkdSICO

Re: NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20 AM »
Price is all in delivered to ya door including customs charges :- £201.00  :-\
Feck!!  Last night, I had the order completed and was hesitant at pressing go for some £125 Skyways.  Luckily, at that stage I could not find shipping costs.  I then started to think "what about import duty"?!  Unfortunately, at £200, it’s a definite "no" for me. Sure, they are incredible but just cant justify them over at pair of £60 standard Skyways.  Im very glad I had not been drinking last night as my beer finger would have pressed the Submit button :(

Shame there is not UK company importing them cause I would spend £125..

Still - they are fab.  Very much looking forward to seeing your pics!!

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 10:46 AM »
Here they are guys  :daumenhoch: QUOTE "ALL of the retro wheels for the most part have rear hubs stamped "Graphite".  During the last year of production on the alloy flange Tuff Wheels in the 80's, the wheels came like this".

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :coolsmiley:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 01:06 PM by Londonhellboy »
BANNED

Offline Why isnt this working

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Very nice. That red still looks a bit wishy washy to me or is that just my computer dude  ???

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 05:28 PM »
they are nice,  :daumenhoch:    is the "Retro 1982" part of the moulding or is it etched in the rim? 

Offline PK.RIPPER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 05:37 PM »
they are nice,  :daumenhoch:    is the "Retro 1982" part of the moulding or is it etched in the rim? 

i think its just the stamps mate that you can see on the second to last picture .these stamps can be very easy to make disapear with a bit of fine grade wet and dry paper so i fear that some unfortunate people will be getting stung on theif bay in the next 18 months or so with so called nos sets of these that will probasbly sell for £250+

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2011, 05:56 PM »

i think its just the stamps mate that you can see on the second to last picture .these stamps can be very easy to make disapear with a bit of fine grade wet and dry paper so i fear that some unfortunate people will be getting stung on theif bay in the next 18 months or so with so called nos sets of these that will probasbly sell for £250+

I seriously doubt that especially given the alloy hubs have "Grahpite" stamped in them and if you do some research (on Maurice Meyers site for example) they NEVER released them bitd with plain alloy, "Graphite" stamped hubs  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline PK.RIPPER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2011, 06:00 PM »

I seriously doubt that especially given the alloy hubs have "Grahpite" stamped in them and if you do some research (on Maurice Meyers site for example) they NEVER released them bitd with plain alloy, "Graphite" stamped hubs  :daumenhoch:

Seen skyways from bitd with graphite on the flanges,i had a black set a couple of years ago and the rear had them, their isnt many but they do exist.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2011, 07:14 PM »

The info on Maurice's site is wrong then, as I have seen other Skyway Tuff Wheels with "Graphite" marked rear flanges on them.  I personally owned a set of white 24" Tuff Wheels marked like that as well.

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2011, 07:17 PM »

If someone took sandpaper to this and filed down both stamps on each wheel,  it would be noticable. 

ColoredTuffs.com

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011, 07:19 PM »
Very nice. That red still looks a bit wishy washy to me or is that just my computer dude  ???

The red looks GREAT!  After years of being out of red pigment, we were finally able to get the correct pigment needed to make these again.

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 07:24 PM »
they are nice,  :daumenhoch:    is the "Retro 1982" part of the moulding or is it etched in the rim?  
Resto 1982 is just hand written on the inner rim so you will never see it  :daumenhoch: Will do a piccy later and add it to the others  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Very nice. That red still looks a bit wishy washy to me or is that just my computer dude  ???
The red is nice deep Skyway red  :daumenhoch: Its prob my shite photography  :buck2: but they are defo very very close if not the same as the originals  :daumenhoch: Good job to Skyway and to Planetbmx  :coolsmiley:

Shame they cost so damn much to get them here  :(
BANNED

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 07:40 PM »
I like um  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 08:57 PM »
BANNED

The Burner King

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 10:33 PM »

There is also serial numbers on the originals where the brake pads go - these don't have them.

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 10:39 PM »

16 sets of 20's/24's now being offered with OG Gen2 graphite flanges  :shocked:

Very nice they are too, but at $550 a pair plus postage plus Customs rape....I'm out
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2011, 10:46 PM »

16 sets of 20's/24's now being offered with OG Gen2 graphite flanges  :shocked:

Very nice they are too, but at $550 a pair plus postage plus Customs rape....I'm out
They are $288.00 a pair posted + £30.00 customs charge  :daumenhoch: Totals £201.00  :shocked:  :2funny:
BANNED

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 10:52 PM »

They are $288.00 a pair posted + £30.00 customs charge  :daumenhoch: Totals £201.00  :shocked:  :2funny:

Had to check what I thought I'd seen last night to make sure...

http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/skyway-tuff-wheels/skyway-20-or-24-2nd-gen-graphite-tuff-wheels-set/prod_1107.html    :shocked:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 01:05 PM »

They are $288.00 a pair posted + £30.00 customs charge  :daumenhoch: Totals £201.00  :shocked:  :2funny:

http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/skyway-tuff-wheels/skyway-20-or-24-2nd-gen-graphite-tuff-wheels-set/prod_1107.html    :shocked:
They are graphite Skyways  :daumenhoch: I have just normal Red alloy hubbed Skyways  :coolsmiley:
BANNED

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 01:06 PM »
***PIC of 1982 RETRO ADDED***
BANNED

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 02:07 PM »
They look sweet to me, well worth the dosh, considering a decent blue set goes for about £250, getting some of these for around £200 all in is a bargain really in that condition  :daumenhoch:

Offline Gnarlyscoots

• BANNED
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2011, 02:37 PM »
They look sweet to me, well worth the dosh, considering a decent blue set goes for about £250, getting some of these for around £200 all in is a bargain really in that condition  :daumenhoch:
Cheers bro  :daumenhoch: I thought so too so just had to buy them  :2funny: Shame on all the postage costs though  :knuppel2:
BANNED

Offline Nicfred

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Im sure i saw a set of wheels for sale on ebay where the seller put that they were nos and fitted with the graphite flanges  >:(  :-\
So looks like someone is already trying there look  :-\
Ill see if i have still got it saved on me ebay items

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 03:19 PM »

They are $288.00 a pair posted + £30.00 customs charge  :daumenhoch: Totals £201.00  :shocked:  :2funny:

http://www.planetbmx.com/shop/skyway-tuff-wheels/skyway-20-or-24-2nd-gen-graphite-tuff-wheels-set/prod_1107.html    :shocked:
They are graphite Skyways  :daumenhoch: I have just normal Red alloy hubbed Skyways  :coolsmiley:

Hence my post LHB  , OG Gen2 flanges but standard wheel material   ;)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 03:22 PM by Mattdub »

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2011, 11:56 PM »
pretty good news. i don't really understand why skyway wouldn't want to start (re)producing metal flanges in regular production though , considering the prices os tuffs go for at times ....?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  NEW blue and red Alloy Tuffs

gfxgfx
gfx gfx