gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 04:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  grifter resto
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: grifter resto  (Read 702 times)

Grift81

grifter resto
« on: August 20, 2006, 04:35 PM »
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=17338.0
if u look at the bottom of the page u can see my grifter resto which is soon to be restore since i was let down by the selling of the burner i was buying :tickedoff:
so i'll hopefully put up some more pics of the strip down! lol
the only problem with the bike is the right side bottom frame is bent so i'll need to some how bend it back into shape :(
the plus side to the grifter is that it has not alot of rust on the frame but the wheels aren't looking to great!

Moza

Re: grifter resto
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 08:29 AM »
Good luck im doing a blue mk1, which had been made into a mk2!!!!!!! i found the early colour under the later

so far i have new old stock
bars
grips
twist grip
pedals
chainguard
toggle chain
toggle nut
cotter pis with "R" on
front brake cable
gear cable

i want tyres,decals and a rear beake cable then its rechrome and paint

Grift81

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:26 AM »
hey moza have u got any pics of your grifter man!  :)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 12:16 PM »
i loved my grifter.
might have a go at one of them myself  :).
are the parts as dear as bmx/chopper or cheaper.
dave the bmxing gypo

Grift81

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 12:37 AM »
well parts can be hard to get but u can find them! parts aren't that much! but when u ride one for your daily ride u realise what a cool bike it is  :LolLolLolLol:

duncan

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 12:52 AM »
I seem to remember they felt a lot bigger to ride than BMX's, same wheelsize but bigger framesize, I could be wrong, it's been a long time.
What was that metal tab for on the frame behind the forks? Was it a safety device to stop the bars/wheel turning too far?
Never thought about it before, just noticed and remembered it when I looked at your Grifter pics.

Like a lot of people I ruined my front mudguard by bending it under for that motorbike sound. I bet they're the rarest Grifter component, that or a pair of bars with intact foam pad.
They are cool - at the time seeing it in a bikeshop it was like a motorbike just missing the engine. An incredibly tough durable looking bike. The forks don't stand up to later BMX ones, but at the time it was the best.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  grifter resto

gfxgfx
gfx gfx