gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 07:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro zippo ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro zippo ??  (Read 13588 times)

m1ke

Haro zippo ??
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:59 PM »
been wanting a twin top tube for ages but wasnt wanting to pay the huge amounts they go for and spotted this on ebay last night and picked it up just now...

forks are not haro and now live in the bin, needs stripping and paint but overall its solid  8) 8) 8) anyone else have one of these all fixed up ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 02:33 PM by m1ke »

FROFF

Re: Haro zippo
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Might be able to accomodate you..  :coolsmiley:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Haro zippo ??
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:40 PM »
I've got one for the Missus to roll around on..... :smitten:

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:46 PM »
990 mounts = Haro Revo

Normal caliper mounts = Haro Zippo

Bought one of each, gave the Zippo to my brother Simon (Hootski70) and he was ripping about at Blackpool on it all friday night, so look for the pics when PeterJ posts them up - it's white with a custom blue set of Freestyler decals on it. Gave the Revo to my mate's son and he loves it as it's chrome and looks the bollox - has Freestyler decals on it too thanks to the man himself Del :daumenhoch:

Edit - here you go, the white frame on the left :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:10 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

m1ke

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:51 PM »
will keep an eye out for the pics  8) cheers for the other pics think ive got my mind already set on white with blue skyways and blue parts and some freestyle decals  8) 8) 8)

FROFF

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Cheers Glen! Wheels are Alex Supra E's laced to CNC'd Crupi 48's. I went with those decals because they were nice a solid to set onto that fat downtube plus I built it for my wife who loves pink!

calmac

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 10:31 PM »
This started life as a yellow @98 Zippo

Calum

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Calum that is fookin lovely mate...

Nothing like giving a mid school frame some love and nice parts to make it SHINE. Bet you were very pleased with that.

:smitten:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 08:12 AM »
there's mint zippo frame and forks in chrome on the bay atm starting at £60

punkdSICO

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 08:27 AM »
I would say £60 is probably the complete MAX you want to pay for a Zippo frame.  You can get minty Zippo bikes for £120 (what I paid for my son's), and I have seem them less than this before.

punkdSICO

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Whats the top tube length of these zippos?
Anyone know frame weight?
Froff, whats your complete bike weigh?
Whats the top tube length of these zippos?
Anyone know frame weight?
Froff, whats your complete bike weigh?
HEAVY!!!  I cant weight my frame but ill weight the complete bike tonight (although, Im in quite late).

Ta,

Paul

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 08:35 AM »
I would say £60 is probably the complete MAX you want to pay for a Zippo frame.  You can get minty Zippo bikes for £120 (what I paid for my son's), and I have seem them less than this before.

I agree, it will probably go for £61, someone will sit on it at £6 till the last 10secs and get sniped at £61

punkdSICO

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2011, 08:38 AM »
The thing I have never worked out with Zippo's is how to distinguish a common/made from cast iron and concrete/cost bugger all, Zippo from a very late Chromo Master.  To me they look identical.  Perhaps they are identical with the only difference being the Master has lighter Chromo tubing..?

Btw, I love the feel of the Zippo.  I think the geometry is stop on and just feels "right".  Lovely bike..

Btw, btw - I LOVE the above pimped Zippo's.  I never considered pimping my son's Zippo but maybe this can be a nice winter project for me - I could leave all the existing components on the bike and just get it powedered so it will cost £60 + another £20 for decals..  Hmmmmm…. Tempted...

Ta,

Paul

punkdSICO

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2011, 08:57 AM »
I agree, it will probably go for £61, someone will sit on it at £6 till the last 10secs and get sniped at £61
I just looked up the ebay Zippo.  Defo not worth £60 to me; its just a stock rider frame.  If it had been powered, sure, but not a rider.  Remember, nice complete Zippos can be had for £100, indeed, there was a lovely Zippo recently on Gumtree for a month with black Skyways!  This started at £150 but eventually was down to £80!!!!!  I despro wanted it for my son but it was yellow and he said "no way!!"

Ta,

Paul

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2011, 09:12 AM »
Ok, here's the chrome one I built for my mate's son - it's got all the parts off the Mongoose that I gave to you (Jaymz) for your nephew, but he loves it and let's face it, if someone gave you this bike for nothing I think you'd all love it :2funny:

Still limping......

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2011, 09:19 AM »
I wouldnt accept it for free, there would have to be some sort of exchange. very nice that, I remember seeing it before, and randomly i put the same chainwheel on the goose when i built it up for jack XD

calmac

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2011, 07:27 PM »
Calum that is fookin lovely mate...

Nothing like giving a mid school frame some love and nice parts to make it SHINE. Bet you were very pleased with that.

:smitten:
Cheers mate, yeah love it to bits,was my first build too.
Only change done since pic, now has a new set of KHE Lamello tyres on it, which looks even better(in my biased opinion )

Calum
All my bikes are on the MY BIKES section.....take a look ;)

Offline thirteeneast

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 10:37 PM »
People always say the Revos have 990 mounts.

Well mine never and I've had it since new :angrysoapbox:

:bump:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro zippo ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx