gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro sport
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: haro sport  (Read 1172 times)

oldskooldayz

haro sport
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:48 PM »
i thought i would just show you guys what im starting to build next and hopefully keep as i do love haro's

and as you can probably start to tell im going down the white and green route with this one

i will update it as i get more parts to finish it

only prob and i can not believe i didnt notice this but the forks are not early haro sport forks they are late sport or master forks

you can tell this by the position of the peg holes

early sport have the holes higher up the fork and late sport master like these have them lower like these

so i had to cut down the decal a bit for them to fit not that many people will notice anyway just thought i would ramble on about it a bit  ;D

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: haro sport
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36 PM »
Looks lovely mate! see what you mean about the fork decal, its a shame but not the end of the world.  :daumenhoch:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 06:37 PM »
yep was gutted i didnt notice it but nevermind im still happy with it and im sure somewhere along the line someone may want a swap

oldskooldayz

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:00 AM »
just added the headset, stem, dirt skirt, flex fighter, and bars

not sure i like the bars or the flex fighter ???

i might just go down the kneesaver route as they look good on these and dump the flex fighter ?? feedback wood be nice if anyone wants to

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 12:17 AM »
I dumped the flex fighter on My master as the Bars feel to high with it on.

The freestyle bars are nice but I would change the Decals as those are from the early 90's from a Zippo Era. 

oldskooldayz

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:21 AM »
cheers i defo will be taking the flex off it as its just not happening

i think these bars are from a zippo as they are not the same as my master bars hence the decals that are on them

and they sit about an inch n a half lower than master bars as well

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 12:31 AM »
I would look for a potts mod for your stem or change your stem for one with a potts mod as it is a freestyle bike what caliper are you going to use on the front as you cant spin the bars with a DC901 you will need a DC880 or DC Nippon to be era correct   :daumenhoch:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 12:54 AM »
would like some nippons really but how often do they come up, i have a copy one knocking around somwhere
880's are sweet as well are you hinting that you may have some  ;)  :daumenhoch:

as the the stem its an anlun but i may well put that on my master instead

at the mo im fighting over what wheel to use i would like some peregrine mags but well dream on i think so i already have a white front tuff and can get a blue rear if needed just to make it a little different
but then again i might just buy som green tuffs  :-\ but white tuffs with green gumwall tyres looks sweet aswell

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03 AM »
would like some nippons really but how often do they come up, i have a copy one knocking around somwhere
880's are sweet as well are you hinting that you may have some  ;)  :daumenhoch:

as the the stem its an anlun but i may well put that on my master instead

at the mo im fighting over what wheel to use i would like some peregrine mags but well dream on i think so i already have a white front tuff and can get a blue rear if needed just to make it a little different
but then again i might just buy som green tuffs  :-\ but white tuffs with green gumwall tyres looks sweet aswell

I have just fitted my last set of 880s to my GL Plus

I would have used 880/901 but the cable routing does not work

I also have a pair of 880's on my 86 Master

A hot tip is that Shiner are distributing genuine Nippons not Repops in Chrome or Silver so i would expect to see them on eBay :daumenhoch:

Just got to be patient with your builds as the parts do come up.  It has taken me about 6 months to get the bits for my GL and even now I want to change some of them :daumenhoch:

oldskooldayz

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 01:10 AM »
A hot tip is that Shiner are distributing genuine Nippons not Repops in Chrome or Silver so i would expect to see them on eBay  :daumenhoch:

thanks for the tip i have seen some chrome ones about so will keep track and eyes open

i do indeed like the look of yours green n blue is sweet as and if mine didnt come to me already freshly painted white i would have taken that route as well  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro sport

gfxgfx
gfx gfx