gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 10:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  skyway ta "83"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: skyway ta "83"  (Read 874 times)

raysradical1975

skyway ta "83"
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Hi,

New to the site, I have x2 two skyways, one in chrome and one white, I am looking to get both back into original condition, I have an idea of what I think they should really look like, but are there any pictures about of what they should look like ??, need to know more about the cranks in particular, I want to eventualy race and show them, so any help will be most welcome.

darrenclarke28@yahoo.co.uk

Many thanks,

Darren Clarke.

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: skyway ta "83"
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 10:46 PM »
Hi Darren

Welcome to the site.

Skyways are ace, are they your original Frames from back in the day?

You can build them with pretty much any parts you like as they can mainly as Frame and Fork sets originally, but it would be wise to keep them era correct.

Regarding the cranks many people will say they should be built with one piece cranks, but it is up to you? I also have 2 Skyways and they both have 3 piece cranks (Profile box crank and Hutch Aerospeeds) because I think they look so much better, again it's your choice and budget dependent too?

If you want to have a browse at some different builds take a look here on the Museum page:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=26.0

Get a photobucket account too and get some photos of them up?

Good luck with the builds, if you are not already addicted to Old School BMX you will soon be! There will be lots of people on here that can help you with parts if you need them, just put something up in the wanted section.

Cheers
Ben

raysradical1975

Re: skyway ta "83"
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 11:13 PM »
Cheers Ben,

Both bikes are original, and have been hidden away for 20yrs or so, I could never afford them when I was a kid, now I`m a much bigger kid, I thought I would try getting them back out there, I want to do a couple of races, and take them to bike shows, let other people appreciatte them too, thanks for your helpand advice, I will try to post some pics.

Darren.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  skyway ta "83"

gfxgfx
gfx gfx