gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 04:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoration why do we do it !!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Restoration why do we do it !!!!!  (Read 1019 times)

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
Restoration why do we do it !!!!!
« on: April 06, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Just spent 3 hours in the garage getting a pair of ally 3 piece cranks I have taken 6 years 2 find ready 4 the annodisers  ::) hammer marks in the spider were terrible and got all the marks out the arms  :coolsmiley: but its hard work saving this stuff  :2funny: My arms and fingers r throbbing  :idiot2:

griff

Re: Restoration why do we do it !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52 PM »
because you love it
and when everyone sees the magic of your bodgery they will be inspired to save other bits of old tat

have a beer and rest your arm for a bit, once it stops hurting you'll forget all about it and have a lovely set of cranks

(then please show us some pics  :daumenhoch:)

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:19 PM »
because at the end of the pain is pleasure  >:D :angel:

a sense of achievement and a reason to feel proud of what the end result will be  8)

The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline stfc

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07 PM »
Not only that its better than being indoors with the frickin kids and the ol woman!!

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:09 PM »
we restore  because  we are getting more satisfaction  from it   then taking parts nos out of  the bag  and  install them

sid1972

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:45 PM »
because we cannot masturbate all the time..  8)

Clean

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:46 PM »
Just spent 3 hours in the garage getting a pair of ally 3 piece cranks I have taken 6 years 2 find ready 4 the annodisers  ::) hammer marks in the spider were terrible and got all the marks out the arms  :coolsmiley: but its hard work saving this stuff  :2funny: My arms and fingers r throbbing  :idiot2:

Good work, fella!

Just started cleaning my second project up; the Missus is on nights so working in the Living Room!  ;D

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Just started cleaning my second project up; the Missus is on nights so working in the Living Room!  ;D

You started on the next bottle of red wine yet Richard? You'll be lacing wheels up on the kitchen table next until your missus walks in - worse than being caught with her best mate half naked I'm guessing...... :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

Maybe I should give her mate a call ??? ::) >:D :2funny:

Steve - photos before and after I hope - see yo soon bud with "project X"......... :daumenhoch:
Still limping......

squigly

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 11:31 AM »

Have  a wank whilst your arms, wrists and finger tips are numb it'll add a while new dimension to the experience !

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Restoration why do we do it !!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx