gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??  (Read 4315 times)

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2011, 09:20 AM »
You barstewards. You have no idea that underneath this fluffy, charming willy wonka exterior there is an inner beast!
Youre right though, if that were my kid being bullied - I'd really really WANT to chin him. But would probably make him into my new best friend... then slowly, carefully, and with great planning ... undermine him and destroy him through stealth tactics over the following months.
Ha Ha!

Offline john4130

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2011, 10:16 AM »
i've had these kind at my park, they don't act like that for long once i catch them doing it. i just do the exact same to them but worse. i was sitting on the deck one day and there was a group of about 6 or 7 of them about 15-16 years old trying to cause trouble, they were picking on 1 or 2 of the younger skaters and it was pissing me off, then i seen 1 of them picking up my bag and turning and handing it to his mate. the bag had all my camera gear in it. i went mental at them, i grabbed the one that lifted my bag and got him on the deck. i really wanted to hit him but thought i better not, then i seen him grinning at his mates which made me madder so i picked him up and through him of the ramp landing on his back on a grass bank then told him and his mates to fook of out of my park. about 20 minutes later he came back with an older guy and they sat down on a grinbox, i told him again to get the fook out my park or i'm really gonna lose it. he kept looking at the guy he came back with who obviously didn't want anything to do with it now and he finally went away alone. the other guy sat for about 5 minutes and wouldn't even look at me then got up and walked away.  :2funny:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Sorry to hear of all your bad experiences lads.
I have to say, between the Unit and EKPark, both of which I've only been to a few times, and Kelvingrove, which is my local, I don't see much of this happening.
There's always been a healthy level of respect shown between all the riders and skaters, especially at KG which has a great atmosphere. This may be due to the large number of older riders and skaters that have been going there for years.
I know that I certainly don't tolerate any bad behaviour at KG. (Especially bullying - I f@kin' hate bullies).
Sure, there's always some kids getting in the way, but you know that's because they don't know any better, rather than them being deliberately obstructive. I find that a bit of 'skatepark etiquette' instruction usually does the trick.
Saying that, I know exactly the kind of little pr1cks that seem to think they are untouchable and make everyone else's life's a misery. As has been mentioned, riding at them at high speed and giving them a few near misses usually does the trick.
If that doesn't work, don't miss.

G :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 07:38 PM »
I have to admit to not visiting many parks but at Storm (r.i.p) I never saw any of that BUT have seen it plenty of times at tracks and dealt with it.

I do remember going over the jump box at storm with an inliner sat on my bars after he tried to snake my run lol

unfortunately these are the times we live in where bullying and intimidation is rife, we deal with it at our track by having a hotline number we call and the police come straight down, maybe this should be on a sign at every facility for people to call should they experience trouble?

Dingo

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 08:07 PM »
"Keep sitting/standing there, and you're going to get ridden over"

Works for me.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx