gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??  (Read 4316 times)

nosepickben

Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??
« on: March 28, 2011, 09:28 AM »
OK, your 8 year old child is having a blast on his bmx on a warm sunday afternoon at an appropriately sized skatepark, it's a council built, retard-designed facility in a busy park in a nice part of town, if you know where i live you've probably guessed it already. Now, a skater of aprox 16-18 years old does the thing that all skaters do from time to time, loses his board on a flatbank fliptrick and sends it straight into my boys leg who was riding about 15 yards away. Complete accident. My boy stops to examine his painful and bruising shin, says "soz" to the skater (bless him). The skater picks up his board and walks away like nothing has happened. Now this park is not he biggest place, there are about 3 bmx'ers riding, a handful of skaters and a group of about 6-8 young boys, probly 6-9 yrs old, we all know how unpredictable they can be in a skatepark so you watch out for 'em dont ya, especially if you notice that they have muscular parental support. Now this same skater (with headphones on) has several near misses with more than one of the small children and you can see his frustation growing, his gesticulation becoming wilder, he directs an insult at your child for the second time in 5 minutes, he mouths of to his mates about little kids being in his way. You try to attract his attention to ask him to cool his jets a bit but he doesn't hear you/ignores you. Your child now comes to you wincing, and shows you the bruise, it's bothering him and it's pissed me off a bit too to be honest.
What would you have done......
I Know what i did.

SaMAlex

Re: Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 09:41 AM »
I'd have had a word. Prob said something like, we wont be here long and give the kids a chance to ride as well.

I Know what i did.

Come on, what DID you do?

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Same as the others said, plus everyboby has an equal right to be at a public park so He was out of order for acting up like that. At the very least He could've said sorry to Your littl'un or checked if He's ok. I'm guessing by what You put at the end of Your post there was a fierce reaction by You?! 
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:09 AM »
yeah come on.........what did youdo the guy?   :)

madmike-bmx

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:24 AM »
personally I don't like kids I the skate park, for the simple fact that most of them just sit there or will stand on the mini-ramp while you ride it.
But if your boy was doing nothing of the sort I guess the skater was a complete  :Aresehole: so you should have just gone and had a few"!calm"words with him, and if that didn't work I heard skateboards burn well  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 10:30 AM »
kind of been there myself, took my lad and his mates to the local metal council park a year or so ago......it was full of local scrotes either doing nothing or rolling around on their excuse for BMX's and none of them with any brakes (they were worst at riding than me!!) so i let my lad and his mates have free roam while a few of the scrotes looked my bike over.  After the innitial "can you do a back flip" "can you do a tailwhip" and "well what can you do then" questions they got bored and started making my lads life a misery by riding across them, or standing on the ramps so they couldn't skate them......then progressed to riding across them telling them it was their park and to fook off.

Up to this point i'd let it go but i had great pleasure in telling them that the skaters were with me and it was not 'their' park.  well that was the polite version  ;D

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:56 AM »
This is always a delicate situation, I ride my local track with my friend and my 10yr old son, and down there is a gang of lads who have decided its their park, they happily drop their bikes on top of the table top and sit down on it, you can be riding behind them and they purposely stop in front of you, or chase you rubbing your back wheel.

Well one day a lad in front of me did the stop in fornt trick, and i totally tboned him, and I mean totally, wiped him and his bike out. he was about 12ish, my natural instict was yell at him for being an idiot, using lots of expletives, as i was in quite a bit of pain as i had to remove a set of bars out of my crotch. The kid seemed all well, went over to his mates and they were all laughing at me limping off with blood running out my shoulder and nursing my crushed plums

Half an hour passes and Im back at the startline and i get a tap on the shoulder from this huge bloke [bear in mind im 5'5"] who then batters me around the head a few times, lucky for me I was wearing a motoX helmet so just got a large amount of brain shake, but the blow to stomach that sent me backwards inserting my saddle into my rectum was most uncomfortable. Turns out he'd gone to tell Daddy that a he was abused and threatened by me, the little shit was stood behind his dad pulling faces and laughing while his old man was threatening to kill me.

So i went out for a nice ride and came home feeling like i'd been raped in the ass by saddle, sore plums, a cut shoulder and it turns out, bent forks and front wheel as well. And what could i do about? NOTHING they are kids, you even look sideways and they know you cant do a thing. Anyway, im hoping that some time has passed and theyve gone on to chasing girls and drinking cider and will leave the track alone, as they made it hell last summer to ride there

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 12:13 PM »
Doesn't matter where you are, or what you're doing, there's no excuse for bad manners.

As the elder, and the instigator, that skateboarder should have been courteous regardless of the situation.

You were right to remind him of that fact   ;)

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Dev Green then I take it Ben? I always take my mate's son early on sundays when he's down for the weekend so the low-lives are still in bed, but you have to be carefull about your language as every parent only sees their kid's side of the argument.

Fook it, did you manage to accidentally knock him off his board then >;-)
Still limping......

madmike-bmx

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 01:42 PM »
This is always a delicate situation, I ride my local track with my friend and my 10yr old son, and down there is a gang of lads who have decided its their park, they happily drop their bikes on top of the table top and sit down on it, you can be riding behind them and they purposely stop in front of you, or chase you rubbing your back wheel.

Well one day a lad in front of me did the stop in fornt trick, and i totally tboned him, and I mean totally, wiped him and his bike out. he was about 12ish, my natural instict was yell at him for being an idiot, using lots of expletives, as i was in quite a bit of pain as i had to remove a set of bars out of my crotch. The kid seemed all well, went over to his mates and they were all laughing at me limping off with blood running out my shoulder and nursing my crushed plums

Half an hour passes and Im back at the startline and i get a tap on the shoulder from this huge bloke [bear in mind im 5'5"] who then batters me around the head a few times, lucky for me I was wearing a motoX helmet so just got a large amount of brain shake, but the blow to stomach that sent me backwards inserting my saddle into my rectum was most uncomfortable. Turns out he'd gone to tell Daddy that a he was abused and threatened by me, the little shit was stood behind his dad pulling faces and laughing while his old man was threatening to kill me.

So i went out for a nice ride and came home feeling like i'd been raped in the ass by saddle, sore plums, a cut shoulder and it turns out, bent forks and front wheel as well. And what could i do about? NOTHING they are kids, you even look sideways and they know you cant do a thing. Anyway, im hoping that some time has passed and theyve gone on to chasing girls and drinking cider and will leave the track alone, as they made it hell last summer to ride there

dude you should have nutted him,

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 02:54 PM »

dude you should have nutted him,

dude im the most chilled out non aggressive people you will ever meet, the most aggressive part of my body is my arsehole that lets out some wicked gasses, thats about as offensive as i get!!

sid1972

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 03:11 PM »
It happens all over - general rudeness and language from teenagers and they know they can get away with it which makes its worse. I was walking my dog with my child (6) and another young couple were walking with two kids not much older and the language the guy was knocking out was unreal!!

No respect for his own kids let alone mine - Arse!

Simliar incident in MCDONALDS with a group of teenagers swearing whilst I was there with my kids, I asked them politely to reduce the verbal, but one of them thought he was ten men! I would have loved to have put him over my knee and smacked some sense into him but what can you do!

Offline bobbbbsy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 04:27 PM »
its the liberal approach that has let standards slip.. ignoring the problem is not the solution.. young people and kids will always be horrible to each other but an adult should take authority and say something and deal with the conseqences of this¬!
british people have lost the voice that used to be traditional.. sad really

Offline Betty

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 08:17 PM »
I Know what i did.

Spill the beans... what did you do?

I'd have had a word if that didn't work he'd have been in A&E asking to have his board pulled out his arse...  ;D

Got Blackpool booked again in a couple of weeks, bring yer lad along he can ride all night with no hassle whatsoever...  :daumenhoch:

Shameless plug...  :-[
2 minutes turkish...

nosepickben

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 08:34 PM »
A prolonged, heated, but ultimately succesful argument took place. I got circled by a dozen or so bmx riders + skaters, heckling unfunny stuff, but one by one they backed down to experience + maturity after hearing THE FACTS. The skater was a cocky tawt who narrowly escaped having the back of his board stamped on whilsthe was stationary + looking the other way. Too many adult witnessess! Told him I hoped he was proud of hurting a young boy + the next time his board hits someone and he fails to acknowledge it, I hope it's me.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 09:42 PM »
i was at creation a couple of years ago and there was skaters everywhere that went letting

the bmxrs drop in or ride, it was really starting to get on my nerves as these boys where older

than my billy and his mates so they just stood there letting the skateboarders take charge, one lad

whos was a lot older and had a massive attitude kept dropping in and swearing ect about the riders,

i thought enough was enough so i stood in front of him accidently on purpose and he hit me and hit

the floor like a ton of bricks ;D he was flat out and i said sorry for getting in his way and pulled him up

and said by the way mate let the bmxrs ride its not your skatepark, he was fooked for about 10 minutes :LolLolLolLol:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08 PM »
Dan your a legend mate  :4_17_5:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Next time, tail whip or rock walk the back-end of your bike (at speed) in to his shins and then walk off, no acknowledgement. If he complains, tell him you'll apologise after he's apolgised to your son, this method works especially well when you're running pegs.

Failing that, just break his jaw.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

nosepickben

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 09:13 PM »
Next time, tail whip or rock walk the back-end of your bike (at speed) in to his shins and then walk off, no acknowledgement. If he complains, tell him you'll apologise after he's apolgised to your son, this method works especially well when you're running pegs.

Oh yes, i will be visiting this skatepark every spare dry moment i have until this barsteward gets his comeuppance. I run pegs and go fast..

And spen, it wasn't dev green, i said a NICE part of town!!!!

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 09:25 PM »
When I was growing up if I f*cked about with bigger kids/adults I expected to get battered.

Now you're not allowed. And if you did the kids would grass.

No standards these days...

So much gip from the council scrotes these days at parks, it's a right downer.

Hope your kids alright matey.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 12:53 PM »

Oh yes, i will be visiting this skatepark every spare dry moment i have until this barsteward gets his comeuppance. I run pegs and go fast..

And spen, it wasn't dev green, i said a NICE part of town!!!!

Nice one.....I'm only in Barnsley mate if you need some suppoort?!?!

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2011, 02:21 PM »
I would have absolutely, definately fooking chinned the cnut.

JT71

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I would have absolutely, definately fooking chinned the cnut.

:LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Steve....darling...I just can't imagine you chinning anyone! sorry!

SaMAlex

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2011, 03:24 PM »
I would have absolutely, definately fooking CHARMED the cnut.

Steve, you could win anyone over

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2011, 09:11 PM »
Dressed as Willy Wonka, I have to agree with you Alex. He looked ever so cute ont' telly the other morning......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  Skatepark etiquette - what would you do..??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx