gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Crank Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Crank Question  (Read 880 times)

Crank Question
« on: March 20, 2011, 09:35 PM »
Hi,

I've got a Redline one piece crank, I also have a bottom bracket.  The bottom brackets doesn't fit over the arms of the crank at the pedal ends.

Am I doing something wrong? I kinda can't see I am, so the questions is, do I need a new crank or bb and how do I know that they will match?

Thanks

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: Crank Question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 09:52 PM »
pictures please

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Put the chain ring or spider on first, then a big nut with a bearing cone on it. then a bearing race, make sure it fits snug. Then grease the bearing cups, bearings etc. Slide the arm through the bottom bracket, make sure its the right way round.
Then put the next set of bearings in, followed by another big nut with a bearing race, finally the lock washer and lock nut. Hand tighten until theres no movement, then undo half a turn, then tighten the lock nut up.  :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

oldskooldayz

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Hi,

I've got a Redline one piece crank, I also have a bottom bracket.  The bottom brackets doesn't fit over the arms of the crank at the pedal ends.

Am I doing something wrong? I kinda can't see I am, so the questions is, do I need a new crank or bb and how do I know that they will match?

Thanks

Take the pedals off first  :2funny:  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 05:37 PM »
is it a sealed bb ???

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:51 PM »
Right, give me a couple of hours, let me get the little one in bed and I'll take some pics!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Crank Question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx