gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:19 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The Aero Reflex
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: The Aero Reflex  (Read 3311 times)

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
The Aero Reflex
« on: March 20, 2011, 01:41 PM »
Not sure if this is considered to be the right place to post this but as so many people buy and build these, maybe it is. This may have been posted before...

Love them or loathe themm - The Aero Reflex Test from Freestyle BMX - Issue 16

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: The Aero Reflex
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 01:46 PM »
i always like them bitd,its a shame they have very little credibility these days,weve all become bmx snobs  :-\
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 01:51 PM »
i always like them bitd,its a shame they have very little credibility these days,weve all become bmx snobs  :-\

How true. I think also though that the test makes some good points ref the build and ride quality not being great so they werent particularly desirable back in the 80's.

I spoke to Karsten Berg who started Aero in the States and he said he had nothing to do with these. He was keen to make clothing and accessories as most of the guys he sponsored had decent bike deals and he didnt see that as his market.

He then sold the European Aero contract to a third party and these appeared soon after. Chrome plated over here in te UK by all accounts and they look like forks from maybe a Rickman?

Offline WINI

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Sheeping it real ;-)
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:06 PM »
I've recently got one as a rider, and love it.  Definately underrated but when you can pick them up fairly cheap then they make a great ride, especially when you dont want to take out the museum piece after spending £££'s on 'em.  Very light, good looking welds but the srticle was right, CRAP decals.  Gonna design my own rather than put those on!

:daumenhoch:
Neil, the bathroom's free. Unlike the country under the Thatcherite junta

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Thanks for posting, always look for tests on bikes owned, didn't have this one.

Great starter build, cheap as chips a couple years back and still love it, even the decals, rear standers next to useless though.

any excuse:
Vans Style

Clean

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 02:30 PM »

Great starter build, cheap as chips a couple years back and still love it, even the decals, rear standers next to useless though.

A big ditto the of the thanks above. I have been looking for this on the interweb but couldn't find it.  :4_17_5:

I am just collecting the bits for my first build and it is an Aero Reflex. Everyone on RADBMX has been great with advice and sourcing parts.  :4_17_5:

The poor posty is going to be fed up by Wednesday, as is the Missus!  :D

Hoping to share the build sequence and results over the next few weeks when someone teaches me how to post pictures (NoOb)  ;D

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 06:40 PM »

A big ditto the of the thanks above. I have been looking for this on the interweb but couldn't find it.  :4_17_5:

I am just collecting the bits for my first build and it is an Aero Reflex. Everyone on RADBMX has been great with advice and sourcing parts.  :4_17_5:

The poor posty is going to be fed up by Wednesday, as is the Missus!  :D

Hoping to share the build sequence and results over the next few weeks when someone teaches me how to post pictures (NoOb)  ;D

My pleasure. Enjoy your project  :)

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 07:32 PM »

doms bases his builds on that bike test

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 08:26 AM »

doms bases his builds on that bike test

Looks more like one of yours Pete with that odd bend in the down tube  :D

Threaders

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 02:02 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  The Aero Reflex

gfxgfx
gfx gfx