gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  tommy brackens messaged me
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tommy brackens messaged me  (Read 2205 times)

motomagII

tommy brackens messaged me
« on: July 15, 2011, 05:44 PM »
i sent tommy brackens message on facebook and have been talking to him since what a cool guy .thius is bit of what he has sent me .ill update with more as i can etc etc .

quote:
Hey Gregory, I designed the frames and forks , stickers etc... My early ones had thinner drop outs. Later on I made them thicker. The Frame numbers I'm not to sure of at the moment. Yes all of my riders at the time were riding the same Frames and Froks I was selling. Eric Carter rode a Pro XL Frame and Fork Set. I've done all the work to all the Frames set that was sold. From cutting the tubes stampimg the frame numbers. Let me tell you it was alot of hard work but it was worth it. At the of me making my bikes I close my doors because at that time Companys were going overseas to get there products made Cheaper and I refuse to do that because of the Quality of the products. People to this day ask me if I would start making my bikes again. Great design Double Gusset Bottom Bracket one of a kind. I started Aust 1978 three months before my 18th birthday, Start it racing late I think I still hold the record for that, 2 1/2 years later I went Pro. I only race for 10 years total,, the best years of my life. I've race all over the world and met some great people along the way. I was racing back east the race announcer was calling out Pro rider name and nickenames and came to me and said Tommy Brackens the Humandragster the fastiest rider to the frist turn. People at that time never heard that be for and the person who annouce my nickname was a guy name Bob Hunt. I still talk to him to this day great guy. My idols at the time I started racing was my best friends and practice buddies Anthony Sewell and Turnell Henry. We also grew up in the same area. We would go by each other houses to go practice somewhere.

Offline rooski

• 540 Air
  • Mons Veneris
  • Rated:
Re: tommy brackens messaged me
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:50 PM »
That,s welll cool Greg :4_17_5:
Suppose this sort of thing is one of the good aspects of facebook :daumenhoch:
facebook is usually pretty boring :D

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:52 PM »
hes really cool guy and happy to talk about the good old days he still has passion about bmx you can tell .

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 06:11 PM »
That's cool Greg, Eric Carter went on to help design and ride the Metro frame  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 07:47 PM »

Very cool that Gregor , chatting with THE Tommy Brackens  8) 8) 8)  :daumenhoch:

Did he manage to decipher  your shorthand  code writing   ?   :D

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:58 PM by Hunterdubber »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Nice one Greg :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline Glynnyboy

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 06:21 PM »
That is way cool Greg. I bet your well made up with the chat mate. :daumenhoch:

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 05:10 PM »
Yes Brother.

This is cooler than Fck.

A lot of people still to this day list their BMX years as the best of their lives.

Fckn cool

Keep the Faith Moto. L

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  tommy brackens messaged me

gfxgfx
gfx gfx