gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 20, 2024, 06:41 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  For the attention of everyone especially GT experts !!!!!!!!!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: For the attention of everyone especially GT experts !!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1803 times)

Moza

H all im fairly new here i have posted a few times and had hardly any replies :tickedoff: anyway i have an 86 gt and i need ideas from you all on the rebuild. Im thinking of a rechrome but my local company cant do it, they say chrome comes out dull and needs to be polished and the cant get in around the headset.

so i want to know the following if you dont mind replying and dont mind adding pics, afterall im restoring an old school legend !!!

A, a good chroming company
b,colours of non chrome gt,s of the 80's(not freestylers the same model as mine)
c, your ideas for components
d, id i have the frame number G684226..

I do have a full set of parts all black

tuffs, brakes etc so i could use them although im not keen on white or yellow bikes with black wheels.

so people please reply with contacts and ideas

regards

Lee

Ps: if you help me out it will give my old mate Gmac a break lol so please give your input and not just watch my signatuire pic lol

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 11:44 AM by Moza »

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
ohhh shame i like your sig pic  ;D

Plenty of chromers can do frames , so i would await the right company , london chrome on the old kent rd are good but pricey, and you take a risk with any company that it will not be as good as you want , i know that Biagio can get it done at vertego.com so you could ask him

why , how bad is the chrome ? as some fairly bad dull chrome has been blinged with the right polishing

Rich

DR VINOAH

if u cant get the f/f rechromed ,
go for black :4_17_5: ,seeing as u already have black components

there was a fella bitd who raced uk GT ,he had a full factory spec GT pro in all black ,looked very slick 8)

gmac

Ps: if you help me out it will give my old mate Gmac a break lol so please give your input and not just watch my signatuire pic lol

:LolLolLolLol:

All black with chrome decals and chrome rims would be awesome  :coolsmiley:

Moza

Thanks so far chaps keep em coming

Moza

Tried Vert-e-go
Hi

Its £199 + VAT

Rgds, Biagio.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
That looks like it will polish up a treat...just get a tube of Autosol, a soft cloth and a strong wrist and that'll be perfect in a couple of hours.

Try it before you do anything - I've had a couple of frames recently which have been covered in rust spots and tarnish...they came up beautifully.

Good luck dude.

Dave

:daumenhoch:

Moza

That looks like it will polish up a treat...just get a tube of Autosol, a soft cloth and a strong wrist and that'll be perfect in a couple of hours.

Try it before you do anything - I've had a couple of frames recently which have been covered in rust spots and tarnish...they came up beautifully.

Good luck dude.

Dave

:daumenhoch:

cheers mate but it looks better in the picture lol

update i may have found a chap to rechrome it, for Gmac,s attention Tony Fuller

Jazzchimp

Biagio for the brightwork www.vert-ego.com not cheap but mighty fine!

He'll have that chrome blinging to the max.

As for colours try black or blue like my 83 nora

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Get some of the 85/86 style decals from here

www.ajkbikes.com

Cheers

Andy

Look wicked on chrome or white
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
If you don't go for chrome then black as above ........................................................................

OR...........................................................................................................................................

My fave would be yellow with the black components  :daumenhoch:

Bren Gunn

Blue :4_17_5:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:

red

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
I could watch these bounce for hours

Sorry, forgot where I was for a second till the Missus just slapped me on the back of the head :LolLolLolLol:

My fave would be yellow with the black components

Like Matt said . . . yellow with black parts

Cheers

Steve  :daumenhoch:

Flaz

I could watch these bounce for hours

:smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:  :smitten:

I wish

Moza

Thanks for the info, ive been looking at stickers and found some GT with 4130 on them well it says that on my frame so is that the model of my frame ???

Frosty

Give the Oxalic acid a bash before chroming. I have read the thread on vbmx and the stuff appears to work a treat. I found a place over here that sells tubs of the stuff too. Here's a couple of pics and the link

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004702;p=1

Paul

Moza

Give the Oxalic acid a bash before chroming. I have read the thread on vbmx and the stuff appears to work a treat. I found a place over here that sells tubs of the stuff too. Here's a couple of pics and the link

http://www.vintagebmx.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004702;p=1

Paul
[/quote

thanks mine aint as bad as that !!!!!!!!!!!!

here it is soaking up the sun on the patio, ive been having trouble riding it though :idiot2:

Moza

Had a look about and mine has 84 in the frame number so im sure its a 84 bike not a 86, from what ive seen on websites its a gt pro ?????????? id love to know for definate :-[

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
4130 is the tubing type. not the model.
I want to touch ORB

Moza

4130 is the tubing type. not the model.

Thanks i worked that out when i spotted a Haro freestyler with 4130 tubing on a sticker

im learning !!!!!!!!!!!

Moza

Big thanks to Ad he did his detective work and came up with a standard 84 GT with early(rare) forks

well done and thanks mate :4_17_5:

Lee

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  For the attention of everyone especially GT experts !!!!!!!!!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx