gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Supergoose 3 (100% finished!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Supergoose 3 (100% finished!)  (Read 6793 times)

xGoose

Supergoose 3 (100% finished!)
« on: March 17, 2011, 04:26 AM »
My childhood dream bike - I built this last year but always wanted to do more work on it as it had a lot of repro and other bits that were not quite right on it, so I've ended up replacing over 50% of the parts and now it's finished!  :coolsmiley:

1983 Supergoose f+f
STAMPED stainless steel Pro Class bars (pro size? deffo bigger than than old cali size ones I replaced with them, Johngoose? ???)
STAMPED stainless steel Mongoose straight seat post
Pro Class rims laced to Shimano Via hubs (sporting nos genuine gold Pro Class rim bands  :coolsmiley:)
Pro Class 3 piece cranks
Pro Class Power Disk / Takagi 44t chainring
Pro Class stem
OG red Mongoose padset
OG red Mongoose grips
nos red blue / green / yellow label Comp III tires
nos Dia-Compe MX 1000's (83) / Tech 3's (83) / cable (84)
nos Dia-Compe seat clamp
nos SR MP-470 pedals
nos Kashimax Aero / hex bolt KSM guts
nos Tange stamped headset
nos KMC chain

Wearing his special 'RAD' suit! (Cheers Snav!) ;)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 05:16 AM by x-600se »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Supergoose 3 (100% finished!)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 08:19 AM »
sweet!  :coolsmiley:  great picks as well, liking the Rad Vans pads  :daumenhoch:

Offline rollin72

• 900 Air
  • I was a ninja
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:20 PM »
absolooootley mint...dont wear the vans though, snav's got trench foot :D

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 11:42 PM »
Still one of the nicest Geese I have seen :smitten: :smitten:

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 12:57 AM »
I love it...beautiful...!!   :smitten:

BUT...just replace that re-pop down tube decal with one that is a bit better quality.  That is the only thing that is throwing this build off for me.

~Tom

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 01:12 AM »
not really into geese but that is a nice un  :daumenhoch:
dave the bmxing gypo

xGoose

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 01:24 AM »
I get nervous when you start looking at my frames and builds Tom but if the only thing you're not sure about is a decal then I am happy with that, cheers! :daumenhoch:  Maybe its bad lighting on that part of the bike in the pics. Pic 2 gives you the best shot of that decal but I can't see anything wrong with it though?  ???

Cheers for the comments lads (and the comments that also got deleted today after rad shat itself did a quantum leap!  ;D)

absolooootley mint...dont wear the vans though, snav's got trench foot :D

;D

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 06:13 AM by x-600se »

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2011, 01:25 AM »
puurrrrfecto mondo  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2011, 09:55 PM »

Like I said before RAD shit it's self and lost a day's worth of posts Dan - she's a cracker mate, glad you finally got her finished  ;)

I think what Tom is saying about the decals is they look a bit transparent on the down tube  :-\

The head tube decal looks a bit "black" too - did you use Bill's bmxproducts decals ?  ???

But fook the decals she's totally sweet mate  :coolsmiley:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

In2 bmx

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Very nice that  :4_17_5: . Love those cranks ....  :daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2011, 10:13 PM »

Love those cranks .... 

Carl you fookin liar, you hate them, now sell me yours  :crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2011, 10:32 PM »
De Ja Vue Dan ..... but for a second time

Love it mate , cracking build imo  :4_17_5:

Love the cranks  :smitten:

I think what Tom is saying about the decals is they look a bit transparent on the down tube  :-\

The head tube decal looks a bit "black" too - did you use Bill's bmxproducts decals ?  ???

I had this very same problem with my Cali Dan , when i applied the downtube decal it just lacked colour depth and looked transparent like John says .    I ordered a set from Bill at BMX products and the difference in quality is very noticeable , I would never buy goose decals from anywhere else now  ;)   The headtube decal from Bill's is also far superior , it has more of a Greyish background with Black dots on it .

Superb job though Dan  :daumenhoch:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

In2 bmx

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2011, 10:49 PM »

Love those cranks .... 

Carl you fookin liar, you hate them, now sell me yours  :crazy2: :LolLolLolLol:

::) only with the cruiser . 

Great photos as well Dan  :coolsmiley:  ...

xGoose

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2011, 11:35 PM »

Like I said before RAD shit it's self and lost a day's worth of posts Dan - she's a cracker mate, glad you finally got her finished  ;)

I had this very same problem with my Cali Dan , when i applied the downtube decal it just lacked colour depth and looked transparent like John says .    I ordered a set from Bill at BMX products and the difference in quality is very noticeable , I would never buy goose decals from anywhere else now  ;)   The headtube decal from Bill's is also far superior , it has more of a Greyish background with Black dots on it .

Sweet as lads!  :daumenhoch:

As Ive now had 2 Goose gurus tell me the same thing, I'll invest in a set of BMX Products Supergoose decals later in the year and do some more pics, might be nice to show what a difference Bill's decals make. ;) (Those on there now are the same decals that came on the f+f when I bought it.)

Cheers very much (again!) fellas!  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:55 PM by x-600se »

moochalargo

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2011, 03:08 PM »
Very cool and loving the pics! Like the rad pads

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 03:28 AM »

I had this very same problem with my Cali Dan , when i applied the downtube decal it just lacked colour depth and looked transparent like John says .    I ordered a set from Bill at BMX products and the difference in quality is very noticeable , I would never buy goose decals from anywhere else now  ;)   The headtube decal from Bill's is also far superior , it has more of a Greyish background with Black dots on it .

Sweet as lads!  :daumenhoch:

As Ive now had 2 Goose gurus tell me the same thing, I'll invest in a set of BMX Products Supergoose decals later in the year and do some more pics, might be nice to show what a difference Bill's decals make. ;) (Those on there now are the same decals that came on the f+f when I bought it.)

Cheers very much (again!) fellas!  :daumenhoch:

So sorry mate...my post was not meant to sound condescending...I just noticed that the down tube decal is lacking some..."POP".  The fork and head tube jump out at you...but the down tube is lacking....  :'(

Here is a bit of info on Super's...the head tube decal was always BLACK...!!   ;)  So don't touch that head tube decal!  When you purchase a re-pop set from Bill over at BMXProducts.com...that are BEAUTIFUL...but the head tube decals will be GRAY....which is not correct for the Supergoose.  I let Bill know about this fact...but there are no plans in the future to make BLACK head tube decals...as of now. 

BUT...the Supergoose sets are excellent quality...and...good luck finding any better.

The Super has my March vote...so...all the best!

~Tom

xGoose

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 03:37 AM »
Cheers Tom! ;)

I get what you mean about the pop factor of that decal when I look at your pair of Super's on the museum. And cheers for the info on the head tube decal, I'd never have known that!

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 07:14 PM »
gotta love a goose ,,specially a super,,,ride well and jump mint

russ

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Supergoose 3 (100% finished!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx